Faults

(A/N) Kida is best boi despite his choices sometimes. Also protect poor Luka, he was a blink away from a heart attack throughout this entire chapter.

Luka was currently clutching a brown paper bag full of takeout food and blaring music into earbuds as loud as possible. He had the craving to pick up food hat made his co-workers back at the hospital gag and shudder.

That and Pepper demanded more cat food from the adjacent grocery store.

He stopped in his tracks however when he dropped his receipt, blatantly unaware of the showdown between Paris' heroes and a rising crime syndicate who pranced around in a snake getup. Luka's theory was that he wore a matching thong as well.

Whistling while he crossed the crosswalk, he seemingly ignored the faint blood streaks acros the streetlights. The apartment building was unusually quiet but he paid no mind as he stepped inside his little room he called home.

"Pepper, my sweet baby." he picked her up and wheezed. "My overweight baby."

While she investigated the yummy smelling bag left on the counter, Luka went to close his curtains so he could avoid complaints of neighbors saying he had a bad habit of walking around in the nude.

"You make me feel like a natural woman—" he sang quietly to himself, only to watch horrified as Chat Noir's body hit his window. He let out the highest pitch scream anyone has probably ever heard. "Grandma, if you're watching over me, just know I didn't mean to knock over your urn. If this is your way of getting back at me by scaring me with adult men in tight spandex falling from the sky—"

Except this was all too real. Chat did bang against his window quite forcefully and left a bloody imprint. Pepper clawed the grocery bag to shreds and merely glanced up before resuming her evil ways.

"Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!" he saw the battle going down outside and did not know what to do.

It wasn't Chat about outside his window. No, it was Adrien Agreste who looked pretty beat up but recovered quickly. He looked as if he were an action star in a Tom Cruise movie as he launched back into the wordless battle.

Luka considered calling the police but how could they stop someone supernatural?

Eventually he came to his senses and plucked out the biggest cutting knife he could find from his kitchen. His stained window open, he threw it as hard as he could at the serpent man, cleanly jabbing into his outer thigh.

"I knew I should have done javelin in high school!" he watched as Ladybug (Marinette), pinned down the man and saw them both breathless.

"Where is Hawkmoth?" she still wore her nice clothes except her nice dress was torn and torn sadly along the sides. "Why are you doing this?"

He didn't seem to have an answer. Adrien held him up by his collar, his green eyes blazing bright against the stark night light.

"Agreste is—"

"What?" Adrien's grip tightened.

Marinette braced herself for the next few words. Her hand hovered above Adrien's shoulder. She hesitated.

"Gabriel Agreste." Serpentine's words betrayed him. "If he finds out I told you, he'd kill me. Kill me now."

"It can't be him." Adrien's eyes burned.

"We're not going to kill you." Marinette insisted.

Serpentine looked so young at this angle. His features seemed more innocent. His eyes shined with the threat of tears, choking on his own confession. "He will do terrible things to me. Him and Celina both. I can't endure this much pain."