7

I sat on the mattress trying not to think about anything, but at the same time I couldn't help my mind. from wandering. This man wanted a perfect family and apparently I fit the description he wants. I don't know why he wanted me. Those other boys I saw in the pictures looked just like me so he could have chosen any one of them, which had me thinking why he didn't.

There were two options I gave myself. Either 1, the boys had fought against him and he ended up deciding that they couldn't be the ones. That left me terrified, knowing that I couldn't fight back anymore at the risk that I'll end up just like those boys. Or 2, he had chosen me based on my personality, which merely confused me more because there was nothing about me that stood out. Whichever option was true, all I knew was that I was well and truly screwed.

There was no getting out of this I felt so dirty because of what the man did. I wanted to shower to get the feel of him off of me, but I also didn't want him to get any kicks out of seeing me naked again. I felt sick to my stomach. This was all so messed up. I curled up into a ball as the day went on. I never moved from my spot and I couldn't fall asleep either. I was terrified that at any second this man could come back and rape me. He clearly wanted to and he could easily over-power me, so why didn't he? Maybe there was still an ounce of good in him.

The light from the window slowly faded as the day went on and soon it was night time. I had stayed in this spot, in this position, for the entire night. It was only when I heard the familiar sound of a metal sheath sliding that I finally made a movement. I looked towards the opening as the bars lifted too. A few moments later and Vic was there, climbing through. The second he was in the opening closed again. I looked at it in confusion. We were stuck together? I looked up at his concerned face.

"Hey, are you okay?" he asked me.

The simple question was enough to make me start crying. I covered my face with my arms as the sobbing continued. Was I okay? Of course I wasn't, not after what had seen. Of course Vic knew nothing about it and l wasn't allowed to tell him either.

"Do you think you could tell me what exactly happened up there?" he asked.

I felt the weight on the mattress shift as he sat down next to me. I glanced up at him through blurry eyes. I blinked a few times and my vision went better. I could see that he was worried but also curious. I wasn't allowed to tell him about the pictures or that the man touched himself. Everything else I could though. I took a deep breath as the sobbing stopped.

"Um, well...he took me into a bathroom and-"

"What did you see? Are we in like a house? What's it like?" he asked quickly. I could tell he had been waiting for a long time to get any sort of details from what it's like up there.

"I didn't see much. But I'm pretty sure it's a house. He took me to the bathroom. and duct taped me to a chair. He, uh, he dyed my hair because I guess he wants me to look like the others," I told him. He looked up at my changed hair. I was back to my normal black.

"What did he say to you? He said this morning that we're a perfect family?" he questioned. I nodded.

"I think he thinks I'm his son or something like that," I explained. He raised his eyebrows in confusion, so I went on, "He called me son and child, and said I look just like him, but I don't know who he was talking about. It makes sense though, doesn't it? I mean...he's taking boys that all look the same and he wants a perfect family. What if he wants me to be his son?"

He sat there looking thoughtful for a little while then spoke, "What about me then? Where do I fit into it?"

I shrugged my shoulders because I honestly didn't know. He sighed and raked his fingers through his hair.