8

"Please don't make us do this," Vic said to the ceiling once more.

Do what? I was starting to get aggravated because he still hadn't told me what was in the box. While he was looking away I caught him off guard and snatched the box off him. He didn't fight for it back. He knew I'd have to find out what was in it eventually. I took the lid off and my eyes went wide. Inside was a small, square, foil packet. I had seen these before in health class back in high school. The man had given us a condom. Also in the box was a bottle of lubricant.

The full impact of what the implications were hit me. My hands were shaking and my knees felt weak like they were about to give out. My eyes flashed up to Vic quickly.

"He wants us to have sex?" my voice squeaked. I was about as virginal as anyone could get. I had barely even kissed a guy before and now I was going to be forced to have sex?

"I won't do it!" Vic shouted to the ceiling.

A moment later something else dropped down the chute. I heard a faint but quick ticking sound. Vic, who was still standing by the small door, picked up the object.

"It's a timer with 30 minutes on it," he explained. I felt, if possible, more panicked now that we had a time limit on this.

"I don't want to do this," I said quickly.

"And you think I do?!" he practically shouted. He looked really stressed. I turned and looked directly into the camera.

"We we're not doing it," I said stubbornly.

"You will do it...or face the consequences You have half an hour," the man's deep voice came from the roof.

Consequences. My mind flashed to the pictures I saw. That's what the consequences were. If we didn't do this then he might think that we aren't right for his perfect family. I guess this answered who Vic is supposed to be in all of this. Maybe he's supposed to be this man's, son's boyfriend or husband or something like that. It doesn't matter right now, the point was that if we didn't do this then that man could kill us. I slowly turned back to Vic. Our eyes locked together.

"We have to do this, don't we?" he asked.

I shakily nodded my head. Tears sprung to my eyes and I couldn't help but think of how much of a cry baby I was. I'm a virgin! This isn't how I imagined this to happen at all.

"I'm scared," I said quickly. My breathing was rapid, like I was starting to hyperventilate. Vic looked down at the timer in his hands and put it back in the chute before walking over to me.

"Okay...don't be scared, please?" he asked. How could I not be though? "We have to do this. You heard him. This man is dangerous, Kellin. We-"

"We have to, I know," I said. He nodded his head slowly. He took the box out of my hands, taking the two items out. He dropped the box on the ground.

"Have you ever done this before?" he asked. I shook my head quickly.

"I didn't think so. You seem too innocent," he said. Innocent; that was a world I could never describe myself as again.

"I don't even know what to do," I mumbled.

"It's okay, I can walk you through it. I'm going to try and make this as easy as possible," he said. Easy? I practically scoffed at that.

"I heard that it hurts. Will it hurt?" I asked. He nodded.

"Yes. But if you relax then it'll hurt less. It's really important you don't try to fight me off or try to stop it at all because it'll end up being worse for you," he explained.