Chapter 12

catter's POV-

I didn't know who this guy was until he turned around.

"What happened? How are you alive"? Cody keeps hammering this guy with questions. Then he turned to me, and I instantly knew who he was.

"How.....the......hell? Lucas?" I ask. "Yeah, and you remembered my name. Only person to remember my name first try was Cody.

Anyway after a quick intro to Dj, we go to Luke's house and fill him in.

"Well I'm comming, no doubt about it" Luke says when we finish.

"Ok" Dj replies. "But you'll need to bring some stuff".

"Ok I'll be back. Make yourself at home" Lucas says as he climbs the steps into his attic.

Lucas comes back a few minutes later with a sleeping bag and a few supplies.

"You can leave your armour behind" I tell him. "Why"? Lucas, Dj and catter all ask at the same time.

"I've been keeping this close to me for a while. Thought you might like it" I reply as I reach into my bag, and a few seconds later pull out a set of osmium armour.

"You've had THAT the whole time"?! Dj exclaims. "And you didn't think I would like to know, that you had a set of rare armour"!

Dj storms out of the door and slams it behind him, leaving 3 three of us (catter, Lucas and I) rooted to the ground, shocked.

"I'm going to talk to him" I say. "Try to apologise to him, I just didn't know....." catter cuts me off. "It's fine, just make sure he doesn't run off, or something like that".

I walk out the door and to the mid-town well, where I ask a villager if he has seen DJ.

"I saw a boy around your age head towards the river" The villager says with a smile. "Thanks"! I reply.

I head in the direction the villager pointed and I find Dj, sitting on the riverbank with his feet over the edge, in the calm and silent water.

"Dj I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you, I just was keeping it close" I start.

"Why"? Dj asks. "Why did you hide it from me"? "Because osmium is Lucas's favourite mineral (no pun intended) in minecraft. We thought he was dead and I just.....just...." I reply.

"Can I tell you something"? Dj asks. "And you won't tell anyone"?

"Not a soul, unless you ask me to of course" I reply.

"No one knows this, not even catter but......." He stops. "But what"? I ask.

"My parents...... they're........they're......" He bursts into tears.

"I'm sorry. If I had've known"I say. "How"?

"It was a few years ago, before I met catter, I was playing minecraft on the PC with my parents. We were in separate rooms and on different computers" he starts.

"It was night time on the game when my computer started to go haywire and then I just blacked out".

"The virus obviously" I say. "Yeah" Dj replies.

"Anyway. I woke up and found out I was in minecraft, but I didn't think that my parents would be too. I walked around this new world (not the one he was playing on with his parents) and heard a woman screaming" he continues.

"I ran to the scream and I saw my parents, who looked like a minecraft character of course, but I could still tell. They were lying on the ground, and zombies were leaning over them, so I ran to the nearest tree".

"I got some wood, made a crafting table, crafted some sticks and then made a sword. I killed the zombies but it was too late. They were dead, and I couldn't do anything about it".

When Dj finished I looked up and found that we both had tears in our eyes, and I felt sorry for him.

"Don't worry. Your secret's safe with me" I said in a comforting tone (Watch real steel, I'll put a short clip on the top of the page soon, of the part I'm trying to describe).

After a few more minutes it became dark and we headed back, faces red.

When we got back we got a "You two good now"? From Luke, and a "why are your faces red"? From catter, we went straight to bed, ready to head off the next day.

Boy were we not ready for what we were in store for tomorrow.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also we have a new character! Not saying anything else other than welcome to him!!! *wink wink - I said HIM. XD

Who new Dj's parents were dead? (Not IRL just in this story. I only know Dj as a wattpad friend, again not IRL)

New twists, turns and betrayals up ahead!

Keep reading! Thanks!

Signing out!

_StrikerEureka_