Chapter five

"So, you ran into her yesterday and you didn't even say anything?" Andrea asked surprised.

"What was I supposed to say? 'Hi miss Lovato, it's nice to see you here?'" I asked.

"Yeah, something like that. It's rude to walk away just like that" she said.

"Would've done the same thing" Mike said.

"Why?" Andrea asked.

"Cause it's embarrassing to run into your teacher. Especially if you don't pay attention in the lessons" I said.

"Then maybe you should pay attention" Mike laughed.

"Like you do" I replied.

"No, not really, but sometimes I do. You, though, never, ever, ever pay attention" he said.

"You guys are impossible" Andrea said.

"Why?" I asked.

"You could get to know her better and then you would like her lessons more" she said.

"That ain't happening" I said. Mike laughed.

"Andrea, Andrea, you are the only person on this fucking planet, that would do something like that" he said.

"Nah, don't think so. I'm sure there are other people who would do the same. Why not? I'm sure she'll like it, too" she said.

"Andrea, I'm not going to talk to her, if I don't need to" I said.

"What if Soph and her daughter become friends?" she asked.

"Than that's very good for them" I said.

"You still not gonna talk to her, then?" she asked.

"Not if I don't need to" I answered.

"I really don't get you" she said.

"That's ok. You'll survive" I said. We laughed and the bell rang.

"We have English" Mike said to me.

"You're kidding, right?" I asked.

"Nope" he said.

"How about, we skip?" I asked him.

"You are not skipping" Andrea warned. I sighed.

"Ok, let's go" I said to Mike.

We walked to class together. We went inside and I kept looking at the floor. I didn't wanna look at miss Lovato. I sat down by my desk.

"She's smiling at you" Mike whispered.

"I don't care" I whispered back.

"Good afternoon, students" she said and she started the lesson. I drifted off, again.

"Miss Johnson, would you please repeat what I just said?" miss Lovato said, shaking me out of my thoughts. I just looked at her, not saying anything.

"You weren't paying attention, were you?" she asked me.

"Oops?" I replied. She gave me a disapproving look.

"How is it that you're the only one who's never paying attention?" she asked.
I just shrugged my shoulders.

"Pay attention, please" she said and continued teaching. I drifted off again. The bell rang and we all stood up to leave.

"I'd like to have a word with you, miss Johnson" she said. I shrugged my shoulders, again, and sat back down at my desk. What now?