6) Throne

Aziraphale strolled down the streets of London, deep in thought. It was the day before what both Aziraphale and Crowley had agreed was the anniversary of their meeting in Eden, and the angel was looking for a present.

Crowley liked so many things that Aziraphale found it almost impossible to find the right thing, whether it was a Queen record, a plant or new sunglasses. None of the things he had seen seemed right. So Aziraphale decided to look somewhere a little different, not the small shops down the High Street, but somewhere bigger. By bigger, Aziraphale meant Harrods. The biggest.

Crowley had recently moved into an apartment, and Aziraphale had found it rather bland and monochrome, and since Crowley had bought a desk, he had no chair to go with it. So that was why Aziraphale found himself, browsing the furniture in Harrods.

Nothing had caught his eye until he turned a corner, and found himself looking at an absolutely gorgeous throne-like chair. It had a plush red back and seat, and it had intricately carved golden armrests. Aziraphale was sure his soul had bonded with it immediately and had somehow managed to get it to the till and back to his bookshop, where he had just hidden it in the corner as the bell rang, and Crowley's voice shouted out a pretty blunt request.

"Alcohol! The fancy stuff."

The demon clicked his fingers, changing the sign on the door to closed, as he sauntered over to where Aziraphale had only just covered the throne with a sheet.

"Oh, um, hello dear!"

Crowley smirked, "And whatever could it be that you're hiding, angel?"

"Oh, well, um, nothing? Nothing at all my dear."

Aziraphale had held in a breath for the entire time that the two had been drinking, and had let it go just as Crowley left the shop.

"Phew."

As he left to sleep, he patted the chair fondly as he passed it, and sighed contently.

The next morning, Crowley had called Aziraphale to check who was coming to whose, and Aziraphale had booked a table at the Ritz.

It was a day of drinking and revelling, and present giving, of which Crowley had given Aziraphale a bow tie, and a set of wine glasses.

"Wow, angel, just wow."

As Aziraphale uncovered the chair he had bought for the demon, he blushed.

"It's brilliant."

----------------

397 words
Sorry, my writing's not up to scratch today, I've been really busy and wrote this between intervals of eating and swimming and such.

Enjoy!