A Sad Story

I watched as the light faded from her eyes. I smiled, sadly. She wanted me to be happy, she wanted me to be myself as she died. I want her here with me, with our small family, not dead. I don't want our daughter to grow up without her mother. I looked at the woman that I have loved since the day I met her.
"Daddy? Where's Mommy?" My four year old daughter asked me. I looked at her and pulled her into my lap.
"Mommy is gone baby. She's with Grandma and Grandpa now."
"I hope she's happy there, I want her to be happy."
"Me too, Nashi, me too."
I looked to see Nashi's pink head of hair buried in my scarf, tears in her eyes.
"I don't want Mommy to leave, Daddy!" She cried into my scarf. I held her closer and silently let my tears fall. I could hear silent sobs from the other room. Wendy must have told them. I held my soulmate's limp, cold hand. I need her in my life, she was my light and now... I have to be there for my daughter. My vision blurred as I once again try to hold back my tears.
"You should cry too Daddy... Mommy always said... it was good to let your tears out," she said, her sobs subsiding as she slowly fell asleep. I hugged my daughter closer to me and I let my tears loose. I am not going to let my daughter suffer because her mother died. I want her to live a full happy life, not one taking care of her grieving father. I will still remember all of the great memories we made together, with our friends, on missions, and even near death experiences. I will always remember how she motivated me to get back up, more than any other. I will always love her, I will always hold her close to my heart, even though she can't be with me physically anymore, she's always there in memory. I love you, my best friend, my mate, my wife, and the mother to my child, Lucy Heartfillia.