Gone

I drew this and it came from trying to draw different ears, one for an animal one for a human. I'm not quite finished but I liked it and wanted to share it. I hope you enjoy this one shot!

)>~*~<(

She sat there, starring at the stapled papers in her lap. She finally finished her first story and was riding a bus to the nearest library. She was excited, having been recently engaged and was happy with the small two-year-old at home, she couldn't have wished for a better life. She looked out the window to see the front of a semi right in front of her. She was hit, along with many other passengers on the bus. Barely clinging on to life, she heard sirens in the distance as her vision faded in and out. The only thing she could think of was seeing her kid and fiancé again, at least one last time.

He got a call.
When he got off the phone he immediately picked up his two-year-old daughter and ran out to the car. When they got to the hospital he immediately ran to the receptionist and asked for her room.

"Room 291, go straight down this hall and take a left before the same day surgery doors. First one on your right." The woman said in a sad voice. He ran as fast as he could, almost running past the room in the process.

He opened the door, the sound of a heart monitor and the faint puff of oxygen being pumped into his fiancé. His daughter ran up to the bed and grabbed the hand that was laying limp at her sides. He couldn't get himself to move from his spot in the doorway. After a minute he finally got his legs to cooperate with him and he walked over to the side of the bed.

"Luce," he cried as he grabbed her hand, "I-" he paused and took a deep breath to stop himself from crying, "I love you, please come back to me."

Hours passed but nothing happened. The doctors came by and told him what was wrong, saying a bunch of medical terms he didn't understand or really care about at that moment. The one thing he couldn't get past was when the doctor said, "She may only have a few days left, a week at most, so when she wakes up, plan to say goodbye."

Four days has passed, five, six, still no changes. Finally, on the seventh day, she woke up.

"Natsu, I love you with all my heart. Please, take care of Nashi and Lukas for me."

"No, you can't leave yet! I-" he sighed, "I need you here, with me."

"I love you," was the last thing he heard from his fiancé as her heart rate slowed until there was only a flat line on the monitor.
Natsu couldn't live without her, the first few years taking care of two young children was difficult. When they were fifteen and eighteen he couldn't handle it anymore and committed suicide.

)>~*~<(

I'm sorry this is a crappy chapter. I originally had a great idea but that idea left my mind after a few weeks, so it was started and I finally decided to finish it. This could have been way better if I decided to actually put more time into it tbh. Hope everyone has a great day!