#152: All I Need

She hums and shakes the pen in her hand the same rhythm as she moves her head. She's reading off the notepad on her thighs and all I could do is watch.

"Need help?" I asked. She chuckles, "You write music?" 

"Sure I do, looking at you I can probably whip up something." I say with confidence. 

She blushes and scribbles something down in her notepad. "Is this good?" she asks leaning over and handing me the notepad. I read the couple of lyrics and find where she underlined for me. I think for a couple of seconds, repeating the couple of lyrics over my head. Trying to solve a sort of puzzle. 

"I think anything you produce is good. But maybe instead of 'my heart is a flower growing' just 'my heart is blooming'." I say, she's looking at me with her full attention. "Than again, I'm not a songwriter. You're the artist." I continue, she smiles and takes the notepad back. She stays quiet and it gets me nervous. She's scribbles then writes then she looks up at me with her innocent eyes. 

"I appreciate that. I like it." she uses her sweet voice. I can't find words to say so I smile and nod. I get up and find the glass of water I left in the kitchen and come back around the couch, sitting nearest to her, I give her the glass and she takes a gulp. When she hands it back and I set it on the table, all the while she's looking at me, I unexpectantly get a kiss on the cheek from Ariana. I tilt my head her way, butterflies are in my stomach, but I ignore them and slowly go in to kiss her lips. So slowly that a minute could have passed. When our lips meet, it feels like two ice cubes melting against each other. After I back away barely 10 inches from her face, her eyes are closed but I'm looking at her face. She's gone limp it seems. Her face is relaxed, her lips spaced and I could feel her breath hitting my chin. 

After a few seconds more, she opens her eyes and the sound of the pen escaping her hand and hitting the ground brings us both into a jolt. She yells out a little yelp, I smile and pick it up off the floor and onto the desk. 

"T-Thank you." she says, moving nervously re-adjusting herself. 

I move the strand of hair that got in front of her face and kiss her forehead. I get up from my spot on the couch and make myself coffee. She spends 5 more minutes in the living room before meeting me in the kitchen. 

"You're done with the song?" I ask. 

"Yeah." she says leaning against the counter top behind me.

"Won't you sing it to me?" I turn and face her. Her eyebrows go up in surprise.

"Now?" she asks lowly. "Well, I'd love to hear it." I say and lean against the counter myself. 

We move back to the living room after I got my coffee, I pick up the guitar and start playing with the chords to find some sort of sequence. Eventually I picked up some high and low notes and created a little song. 

I started playing and Ariana started singing on top of it. I look at her as she goes, the room begins echoing. She's absolutely talented of course, but the beauty just made everything inside me feel warm. 

I watched her all the way through the ending. After I played the last note, my eyes lingered on her for a few seconds more. I already knew I was in love with her.