FOURTEEN. sedative

NATALIE D'ANGELO

NATALIE D'ANGELO

we sit in will's room waiting for the doctors to come back. i have a pounding headache and the lack of sleep i have gotten in the past 48 hours has not helped it in the slightest.

i sit next to mike in a chair beside will's bed. our legs are touching and every so often his clammy hand brushes against mine, sending a chill directly up my spine.

"what the hell is taking so long" joyce sighs as she leans back in her chair.

"hey... doctors take forever, always, just try and relax. be patient" bob says trying to calm her nerves down. i know she is worried about will, i can sense it.

i zone out focusing on the beep of will's heart monitor.

beep. beep. beep.

the sound is almost calming, it could put me to sleep if i focused hard enough. "you know, i just..." joyce shrugs the blanket she had over her shoulders off and she walks out of the room.

will zones out on his mother arguing with the soldiers or guards in the hallway. mike and i share a quick glance.

"will"

"will"

"will!" mike and i continue to call his name.

he looks over at the both of us when we touch his shoulder. "what's wrong?" i question him.

"are you hurting again?" mike asks will.

"uh. i saw something" he says looking past us, into the hall.

"in your now-memories?" i ask.

will nods leaning over the bed to get a little bit closer to us. he looks frightened and i start to feel it the way he slowly did everything.

"the shadow monster. i think i know how to stop him" will tells us.

i cock a brow at him. "really?"

he nods but we are interrupted by the doctors coming into the room. they take will and all of us follow to a big conference room.

the table is scattered with tons of polaroids and other pictures.

they are ones of will's map in the byers household.

when did they go there?

when did they have the time?!