TWENTY-SIX. santa baby

NATALIE D'ANGELO

NATALIE D'ANGELO

christmas is only a few short days after the snow ball. it was a quiet one with just christie and i's family. when we were back in new york we always had huge huge huge family and friend get togethers on christmas eve.

especially with my friends ollie and katy and their families of course. most of my favorite memories took place on christmas' with them.

all of our families were so close, we always did everything together. sad, everything had to fall apart. sometimes i wish we stayed in new york so i could be with ollie all the time. i missed him more than anyone else in the entire world.

december 26th, the day after christmas day, steve and dustin decide they are going stop over and the four of us are going to our own little mini celebration for the holiday.

it was more christie and steve's idea. since the will situation they have become best friends for whatever reason, i think steve has a crush on her but he never does anything about it so i just ignore it mostly. 

all four of us sit in the living room by the lit up christmas tree in matching pajamas christie and steve forced dustin and i to wear.

it looks like we are a little family having our own little christmas morning. steve is definitely the mom and christie is definitely the dad.

we spend a little while terribly singing christmas songs and laughing at each other for it. it is a moment to cherish truly.

christie and steve decide they are going to sing baby it's cold outside together, christie takes the male part and steve taking the female, he didn't want that part necessarily but christie forces him to take it. i'm not gonna lie christie is scary and incredibly persuasive especially when she really wants something.

very, very scary.

the doorbell ring and i pushmyself up off the ground, running over to get it as dustin records christie and steve's awful singing with my mother's camera.

i munch on a frosted cookie as i swing the door open. mike stands there all bundled up in a winter jacket. "hi" he says to me. he switches all his weight back and forth from the balls of his feet to the backs of his heels.

"uh hi" i speak, furrowing my eyebrows at him. "nat who's at the door?!" dustin yells over to me. "is that dus-" i cut mike off before he could finish his sentence.

"nobody! i'll be right back" i push wheeler back a little and step out onto the porch with him. the cold cement under my bare feet does not feel nice.