TWENTY-ONE. dont touch me

NATALIE D'ANGELO

NATALIE D'ANGELO

the next week and a half christie and i stayed bed-ridden, not leaving once except to go to the bathroom or shower but both of those were rare. we tended to just stay in our respective beds, trying our best to recover.

our voices were gone for three days before our vocal cords began to work again. it hurt to talk but tea warmed our throats up nice.

my head pounds constantly since the closing of the gate, over the week and a half, the thump hasn't gone away.

we haven't seen anybody since that night. not one person. even mike and he lives right across the street from me.

during my days, i spend most of the time watching ghostbusters, grease, footloose, sixteen candles and sometimes the wizard of oz.

a total classic. i would hum along to the music and during sixteen candles i wished i had a jake ryan, a sweet and cute boy.

he was my dream guy, but then again he was everyone's. i also had my moms chicken noodle soup everyday and several glasses of water.

that was the only thing i could stomach, anything else i just puked up all over.

it was disgusting. i rarely saw christie during the week too.

she couldn't really walk and i was too weak to do so, so we kind of would just lean out our doors and speak to each other.

or we would write back and forth and have our mother run from each other's room to exchange the slip of paper. it was the dumbest thing ever but it kept us sane while our muscles failed us.

"natty?" my mom says snapping me away from my thoughts. her voice and the knock on the door is what gets my attention.

"yes?" i say.

i pause grease so i can listen to her. i was watching it for the 3rd time in two days. i used to swear up and down that i could never get sick of it but then... then i started to get sick of it.

"you have some guests" she speaks from outside of my room. i tell her to let them in.

the door creaks open and i'm not too surprised to see who is there. max, dustin, will, lucas and mike stand there, slightly smiles on their faces. i smile. "hi guys" i say in my croaky voice.

they all walk in. "hi nat" they share a collective greeting. "woah it's changed in here" will says looking around, i haven't seen him since before he was rid of the mind flayed. i nod, looking around as well. "yeah" i say.