20. Spinning the Web

Chapter 20!?
💜 😊 😆
Sorry for the late update 🥺
———

Jin practically has to push Jungkook to their lockers as they step away from the scene of the fight.

Once they're at their lockers, Jin turns Jungkook around to face him.
"Yah, Jungkook are you okay? Did he push you hard? Are you-."

Jungkook pushes his hands away shakily and turns to open his locker

"I'm fine. It was just a nudge."

Jin stares at him worriedly, not really wanting to upset him more then he already seems.

"...okay, well, I'm pretty sure they're both gonna get suspended so..."

Jungkook shrugs closing his locker mumbling, "I could care less."

"Jungkook please just tell me what's wrong!" Jin bursts out exasperatedly. Jungkook looks at him, surprised at his outburst.

"W-what are you talking about?! There's nothing-," "Yes there is. You've been acting dumb since you and V's fight. Wait no, not dumb-like an ass."

Jungkooks mouth falls open surprised, " I have not."

Jin scoffs looking away, "Yes you have. You're starting to act different and not like before V and Jimin went here, actually a little worse. Before you still would have forgiven either one of them. So please-!"

"Yah hyung!... There's nothing wrong with me. So what if I'm acting a little different. People change! You've been my friend before I started changing. As for V and Jimin? I just-,"he sighs and shakes is head, "I'm not gonna talk about it. I'm tired and I want to go home."

Jin stares at him.
"And even then you would tell me what was wrong... but fine, I'll drop it."

Jungkook feels his stomach drop. He nods and they start to walk to their cars. Before they get in, Jungkook decides to speak up.

"Yah, Jin-hyung," Jin looks up from his car, so Jungkook goes on.

"I'm- can you tell me one thing?"

Jin sighs and nods, "what?"

"That day when you saw V and Jimin in the bathroom... what did- what were they they doing?"

"What day are you- Oh! That day? I forgot that even happened. I don't really remember."

Jungkook nods, glancing away.

Jin looks him over, inspecting his demeanor.
"Why do you wanna know?"

Jungkook looks back at him.
"I don't know. I just remembered.."

There's an awkward silence until Jin speaks up.
"It seemed like V was threatening Jimin about something. It was more like a threat warning though. V had him against the wall and they were pretty close to each other. I was surprised at first and I thought V looked pretty intimidating. But now that I know I don't know what's up with them."

As Jin starts to ramble Jungkooks mind starts to wonder what V was threatening him about. He also starts to think back to the day V told him to stop hanging out with Jimin. He had warned him about the boy from the very beginning but now he's hanging out with him and chose Jimin over him.

"Jungkook."

He focuses his eyes back to Jin.
"Sorry, um, thanks for telling me."

"One last thing Kook."

"What is it?"

"Why does it matter if Jimin and V hang out? And, I know you've answered this, why- what was you're fight with V at the party about? And why don't you wanna talk about it?"