Chapter 9: Am I wrong?/ grind and pray.

MiMi POV

Can I ever go to the mall without any drama? Imma have to stop going there. I can't take this, I haven't even known august for a whole week and there's so much drama, lies, and unanswered questions. Me and Yana left the mall and we decided not to do anything special so we just went to McDonalds. Yea ik lame right?

Yana POV

This is The time to get it all out. Tell my bestfriend what I know. it may hurt her but it's for the better.

M- " I just can't believe he lied."

Y- " y- yea me either , were y'all dating anyway?" I asked putting a fry in my mouth.

M- " no but it's just the way he opened up to me, said what he said, but obviously what he said wasn't true. I hate liars so I'm over it. "

Y- " that was deep."

We laughed. Then a single tear fell from her face. And she sniffled.

Y- "don't cry ." I said walking over to her and hugging her.

M- "why do I even care so much? I guess I felt the same way about him, but- " she just cried and cried.

It was getting worst and then I walked back to my seat. Tbh this is stupid why is she so sad they wasn't even dating. What a good friend I am, but hey! the truth hurts. She soon stopped cryin and then took bite from her cheeseburger.

Y- " you good ?"

M- " I guess. "

Y- " okay , well I have something to get off my chest. "

M- "okay what is it?"

Y- "well, over the summer when we kinda disappeared on each other, um me and a- august um.. we um d-dated. " I finally spit out.

M- "y'all what?!"

Y- " we dated, during this summer."

She had a blank but angry looked on her face.

M- "so this whole time I been tripping over august and when were you gonna tell me?"

Y- " ok, let me explain."

M- "I'm waiting. "

Y- "We dated and you never knew bc we kinda stopped talking, and we were together for about a month inna half , BUT he lied to me constantly and I found out he was cheating on me with, Mckenzie. ever since then, they've been dating. I wanted to tell you, TRUST ME! ever since I found out you liked him but I just got nervous, I don't want you to get hurt the same way he did me. He doesn't care and never will, he'll always be the playa he is." She nodded her head slowly.

M- "did this really happen ?"

Y- "TF you mean did this really happen? yea it REALLY happened. "

M- "or maybe you were jealous and you just don't want me to be with august." she said shrugging her shoulders.

At this point my blood was boiling.

Y- "REALLY BITCH?!" I said angrier than before I can beleive this.

Y- "wtf am I jealo-"

M- "calm down! I was jus playin"

Y- *sighs* "girl I was about to go ham, so you beleive me right ?"

M- "um, y-yea."

Y- "really? cause you seem a little unsure. "

M- "yea, it's just a little hard to take all in."

Y- " I know babygirl, but we don't need to worry about these niggas, let's just get on our grind worry about our education, if he wanna play around? then let him and if you still wanna go after him go head but imma still do me and look out for my bestfriend ."

M- "awh I love you yanaaa!"

Y- " mhm, love you too. "

MiMi POV

See, this is what I love about Yana, she speaks the truth and always 100 with it, I'm glad to call her my BFF , bows before bros. We just outchea tryna get an education and the mulaa, we In this together. Forget about august , well, for now. But all I do is grind and pray.

***********************************

My cup full, I'm laid back, I'm bout mine, you know that

I'm rag racin', zoom zoom, in a rush to get all that

Cross my heart, I die hard, come through your hood, in all black

If you real, you'd recognize

All I do is grind, and pray

Riding through the streets all day

I'm juuuuuust (gettin' to this money, gettin'-gettin' to this money)

(Gettin' to this money, gettin'-gettin' to this money)

- grind and pray.

August Alsina

••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hoped you liked this chappie! 😻

So do you beleive Myracle is done with august and she'll stop talking to him permanently?

Or will she give him another chance?

Comment! vote!

- august wifey😈💘💍