Paige's pain

Blaire and I stare at the portal for what feels like forever. It is showing Violet and what she is doing right now but she doesn't seem to notice us so I guess she can't see the portal. Right now Violet is walking with the rest of the group in a city I don't recognize. She is walking beside Ashton.

She reaches out towards him to hold his hand but he pulls his hand back so she can't. His eyes are red and his face looks puffy. He must have been crying. My heart sinks at seeing him so sad but my mind snaps me out of it. It's his fault. He had a choice and he left, don't feel bad for him my mind sates bitterly.

Suddenly a wave of realization sets upon me. That is the reason she asked Ashton for fighting lessons. So she could learn how to fight. That's why she wanted to join the quest. So she can get close to us and make it easier for her to steal the items. That's why she tried to get close to Ashton. So he would be on her side. I mean, I could easily take on her but her and Ashton? There is no way. And who knows how many monsters she recruted to help.

That's also why she wanted to get rid of me. I was suspicious of her from the start. And so was Blaire I think to myself. She hated Violet from the start, bad feeling or not.

"I knew we shouldn't have trusted that bitch" Blaire growls staring murderously at the portal. I start pacing "W-we have to go after them! A-Ashton, J-Jason, L-Leo, the others! They're in danger! She may try to hurt them!" I start walking down the hill.

Blaire grabs my arm "Woah there speed racer. We need to figure out a plan". She looks back at the portal and her face brightens "Hey, I know this city. They're in Rhode Island, wow! they are almost to Manhatten and it looks like Violet hasn't tried anything yet so we still have time!" she says happily.

I smile relieved. "Great, where are we right now?" "Just on the outskirts of Atlanta, Georgia" she answers. "Great, lets get to the city and find out the fastest transportation. I don't think I can fly us all the way to New York" I explain. She nodds and we start running towards the city.

At our pace it doesn't take long until we are in the city. We both like to run so it wasn't a very big struggle. We get to the busy part of the city and start weaving through the big crowds. I'm not looking at where I'm going and run right into someone. We both fall and I fall right on top of the person, the only thing seperating us is a hotdog that was in the person's hand.

I look up and find myself face to face with the chocolate brown eyes that I will never erase from my memory. "William!" I shout happily. He laughs "Why is it that everytime we meet you end up getting hurt in some way?" I laugh and shrug "I swear I'm not doing it on purpose".

He smiles back and I suddenly remember that I am on top of him. I blush and quickily stand up and reach out my hand to help him. When he gets up he looks sadly at his hot dog "What a waste of a good hot dog" and throws it away.

I suddenly remember Blaire who is standing behind me "Oh!  William this is Blaire, Blaire this is William" I notice Blaire nervously bite her lip which is her sign that she is nervous. William looks at her and awkwardly coughs "Y-You can call me Will" and sticks out his hand. She awkwardly takes it and then we fall into an awkward silence.

"So what are you doing here?" I ask him "Oh, well after your drop off we decided to stop in the city and grab a bite. Of course we had to park on a building's roof so that was fun" he explains.

My face lights up "Does that mean you would be willing to give us a ride?" he nods "I don't see why not? Where to?" "New York" I mummble. His eyes grow wide but he quickily recovers "Yeah, I guess but that's a long trip so we better get going" I nod and we three start running, Will leading us.