queen of mean; chrysalis

so this is technically chrysalis backstory(that i made up). and the song is from descendants 3, my favorite song, might i add.

chrysalis is technically the same colors, she just doesn't have any holes.

and she's a princess (not an actual one)

——

chrysalis laid on her bed, sniffling softly as her grandmother's voice ran through her head.

"you're mother could hold onto a prince in her sleep."

she looked at the pictures of her and her ex, who cheated on her.

even if he did cheat on her, she still loved him.

"i'm so tired of pretending... where's my happy ending." she hopped off her bed and looked at the pictures. "i followed all the rules. i drew inside the lines. i never asked for anything that wasn't mine. i waiting patiently for my time. but when it finally came, he called her name. and now i feel this overwhelming pain. i mean, it's in my veins. i mean, it's in my brain. my thoughts are running in a circle like a toy train. i'm kinda like a perfect picture, with a broken frame." she looked down. "i know exactly who to blame."

she picked up a metal rod, looking at it, "i never thought of myself as mean... i always thought that i'd be the queen. and there's no in between. cause if i can't have that, then i will be the ruler of the dark and the bad~." she looked out her window. "now there's a devil on my shoulder where the angels used to bed. and he's calling me the queen~."

chrysalis made her way to the museum, and to the queen crown, still holding the metal rod in her hand as she walks around it.

"being nice was my past time. but i've been hurt for the last time. and i won't let another pony take advantage of me- the anger burns my skin, third degree. now my bloods boiling, hotter than a fiery sea. there's nobody getting close to me. they're gonna bow to the evil queen. your nightmare's my dream. just wait until they fall to my wicked schemes."

she broke the glass surrounding the crown, while shielding her face from getting hit.

"i never thought of myself as mean. i always thought that i'd be the queen. and there's no in-between. cause if i can't have that, then i will be the leader of the dark and the bad. now there's a devil on my shoulder. where the angels used to be. and he's calling me the queen of mean. the queen of mean. the queen of mean."

she turned around and saw a green ember.

"something is pulling me. it's so magnetic. my body is moving. unsure where i'm headed. all of my senses have left me defenseless. this darkness around me. is promising vengeance." she reached for it. "the price that I'm willing to pay is expensive. there's nothing to lose, when you're lonely and friendless." she grabbed it and looked the crown she was levitating, smirking slightly. "so my only interest is showing this princess. that i am the queen,
and my reign will be endless!" she sang, putting the crown on.

"i want what i deserve. i want to rule the world. sit back and watch them learn. it's finally my turn."

"if they want a villain for a queen. i'm gonna be the one they've never seen. i'll show them what it means. now that i am that, i will be the leader of the dark and the bad. cause there's a devil on my shoulder. where the angels used to be. and he's calling me the queen of mean."

"i want what i deserve!"

——

also

don't worry, a twibra oneshot is on it's way, i've just been busy, and i've had writers block for it. but like.

when i heard this song, i instantly thought of chrysalis instantly.

why?

i don't even know-