a canterlot wedding[pt.2]; twibra, thrysalis, starburst

starlight opened the door to her room and watched as sunburst rolled around in the bed.

she climbed onto the bed and rested her hoof on his side.

"oh—" he yawned. "—hi starlight."

"hi." she smiled at him.

he rolled over and pulled her closer to him. "are you able to stay with me tonight?"

starlight shook her head. "only until you fall asleep."

sunburst frowned. "fine...."

they were both silent for a while until sunburst said something.

"will you hold me?"

starlight laughed. she liked the thought of sunburst being adorable and vulnerable with her. "come here you little baby." she wrapped her arms around him as his nuzzled his face into her neck.

starlight smiled at him and kissed his muzzle softly.

———

"twilight!" rarity smiled as twilight made her way into her room. "i took all night, but i finished your dress." she giggled, pulling it out of the closet. "try it on." she levitated it to twilight.

twilight nervously laughed and took it from her.

——
after a while, starlight joined twilight with her preparations.

applejack gave twilight a back of her treats to go, and as she was walking out, she threw them away—which starlight saw.

———

"—and then twilight walks in." cadence said, and twilight made her way to sombra, who was standing next to sunburst and soarin.

twilight looked up at sombra when she got to him, considering that he was taller than her.

"sombra, you will get your ring from your best mare—"

as sombra looked down next to him, he realized starlight wasn't there. he looked up at sunburst and he shrugged.

the doors opened, revealing starlight looking at all of them.

"i'm here!" she yelled, walking down the aisle. "but i don't want to stand by her." she looked at twilight and then sombra. "and neither should you."

everypony gasped and sunburst spoke up.

"aren't you being a little bit overprotective?" he asked.

"no." starlight said. "i'm not." she turned to twilight. "i've known twilight for years, and what i saw today wasn't her." she started inching towards her. "the real twilight doesn't throw her best friends food away. the real twilight love's applejacks food." starlight said, and continued listing off a bunch of things the really twilight wouldn't do. by the time she finished, twilight was backed up against the wall, almost crying. "you might as well be a changeling!"

"why are you doing this?" twilight cried, running out of the room.

"cause if i don't stop you, you're going to ruin my best friends life!" starlight yelled after her.

she turned around to everyone in the room glaring at her.

"why would you do that?" sombra asked.

"are you guys blind! you can't see that she's a changeling."

"no. starlight you're wrong. she's stressed. between ruling equestria, having to raise the sun every day, and wedding preparations, she has no free time to do anything." he said.

starlight looked down and then up at him, saying, "do you think taking luna's job is even easier? i have to raise the moon, and then make sure everypony has nice dreams. i haven't slept in awhile, yet, i'm still awake!"

sombra ignored everything she said and walked towards the door. "don't bother showing up at the wedding." he made his way out of the room with everyone following him, sunburst last.

"sunburst—"

"you have a lot of thinking to do, starlight."