shadow play[pt. 3]; twibra

"what did you do?" shining armor looked at sombra.

sombra glared at him. "yes, cause i obviously did something."

"where's the crystal heart?" sunburst asked.

"yeah, sombra, where's the crystal heart?" shining armor said.

"i—don't—know."

"he's not lying." radiant hope said.

"how do you know?" cadence asked.

"and who are you?" shining armor added.

"my name's radiant hope. i'm sombra childhood friend. and i know when he's lying! he laughs when he lies."

"split up and search for the crystal heart." shining armor said, running towards the stairs.

"it's not in the castle." sombra said and everyone looked at him. "when i hid it years ago, i hid it in the castle where twilight found it. only to keep the snow out, or i would have destroyed that cursed thing—"

radiant hope coughed and he looked at her.

"right." he opened the curtains, "if the snow is in the empire, that means the crystal heart isn't here, or it's destroyed."

"you said something about destroying the crystal heart. why?" twilight asked her student.

"if i touch the crystal heart—— let's just say, it won't end well." sombra replied.

"well, we can't just sit here. we need to split up." cadence said.

everyone ran their separate ways and sombra checked close to the caves where spike met thorax at.

when he got there, he found a tall tower with stairs leading all the way to the top. he sighed and started to walk them.

he finally made it to the top to see the crystal heart. he looked at it in confusion. why would it be way up here?

he looked down from the tower hoping someone would walk up to the top and take the crystal heart down.

but nothing.

and he could just sit there and let the crystal empire be covered in mountains of snow.

he looked back at the crystal heart and took a deep breath, jumping towards it. he hit it away from the circle in the middle and looked down, watching it turn gray.

he got up to move away from it, but it was too late, he was trapped inside his own rock wall.

he looked down at his coat and saw it cracking, he stood up and hit the walls, then zapped them.

nothing.

he sat down and let his own shadows take over.

"you knew this was going to happen. why reform when you can become me?"

sombra closed his eyes trying to fight. "i don't want to become you."

the shadow took over sombra and flew out of the tower with the crystal heart.

"the crystal empire is finally mine."