i miss her; thrysalis

tara made her way down the hall of her dad's castle. even if she grew up in it, she still couldn't find her way around the place.

she finally found her dad's office and walking inside, only for him to tell her to get out.

"actually. i have a few questions." she said.

"it can wait."

"actually it can't." she walked up to his desk, placing her black hooves on it. "why do you avoid me?"

tirek stopped what he was doing and looked at his daughter. "i don't."

"yes, you do. the only creature that talks to me around here is uncle scorpan. and he's annoying!"

tirek didn't bother looking up from his papers.

"dad! are you even listening to me!"

tirek bit his lip and looked up at his daughter. "you look exactly like you're mother." he rested his hand under her chin. "you have her eyes. her smile. her hair." he said, tears forming in his eyes.

"what ever happened to mom?"

he looked down at his papers. "she sacrificed herself.." he got up from his chair and walking over to the window, looking down at the blue flower they had planted in honor of her. "she was an amazing mare. she wasn't like other creatures. she was a changeling. a beautiful one, might i add." his breath hitched in his throat as he bit his lip. "i know things about her like no one else knew."

"is that why you avoid me?"

he nodded hesitantly. "i miss her."

"so do i." a voice said from the door.

the two looked over to see a grown pink pegasi standing at the door.

"sorry. i should of knocked." she said.

"no, come on in." he said and she flew over to them. "you didn't come to my graduation."

"sorry, cozy. been busy."

"let me guess. king work?" she asked. he nodded.

"can you guys tell me more about my mom?" tara asked.

tirek sat down and smiled softly. "i remember this one time she admitted to be that she was afraid of rain."

chrysalis walked up to tirek's room, her hair dripping wet. she opened the door to see tirek lifting his weights up and down. "tirek."

tirek didn't even have to look over at her to know who it was. "what do you want, chrysalis?"

"um.. c- can i stay in here." she asked, jumping as thunder struck.

he looked over at her and sat up. "why?"

"i-" she was cut off by thunder again. "please."

tirek's smirked. "you're scared of rain, huh?"

she nodded slowly.

tirek laughed and she lowered her head in embarrassment.

he stopped laughing after awhile and let her in his room.

"bed's in the other room."

tara smiled. "she seems sweet."

"she is." cozy glow said, smiling. "she was." (save me, my whole family are vsco girls-)

"am i?" a voice said.

the three looked up to see chrysalis standing by the door, not the real her, but a ghost.

"momma!" tara flew over to her and hugged her.

"hi, baby." chrysalis smiled, tears forming in her eyes and cozy glow joined them.

tirek got up and sat down in front of the changeling. "i miss you."

chrysalis hugged him. "stay strong for me." she sniffled. "i love you."

"i love you, too." tirek whispered before chrysalis pulled cozy and tara into the hug.

———

hello! you may be wondering why i haven't updated this book, it's mostly because i'm working on three other books, Eyes Wide Open, The Return of Rose Edge, and Storm King's Return.

anyway, hope you enjoyed this sed one-shot.