shadow play[pt. 4]; twibra

4 months went by and the crystal empire hasn't been the same.

twilight sat in her dark cell, pulling on her chains, seeing if she could find some way to loosen them. like her family and radiant hope, she hardly has eaten in weeks. sombra usually sits in her cage, trying to feed her, but she refuses saying she's not a baby.

twilight gave up and laid down on the concrete floor, thinking about how sombra had a nice soft bed, with a pillow and a soft blanket, and all she had was her arms and the floor.

clank. clank. clank.

twilight heard footsteps from her cell and stood up.

sombra.

she looked around, trying to find somewhere to hide, but it was too late. sombra stood before her, looking at her.

"don't try to hide. i'll find you." he said, opening the cage and levitating her chain towards him so she would walk out.

she did.

sombra guided her up the stairs and she shook.

"s- sombra...." twilight stopped.

sombra looked down at her and growled. "let's go." he pulled on her chain gently.

twilight took a step back and sombra pulled her forward, wincing at the pain his head was giving him.

"no." twilight said, scared of where he was taking her.

sombra growled and pulled her forward. "i'm not playing around, sparkle."

twilight's eyes widened. she lifted her hoof and laid it on her chain that was connected to her neck and pulled it.

sombra grabbed her before she killed herself. "stop."

"i rather die than to be your slave." twilight growled as she tried to push sombra off of her.

sombra picked her up and laid her across his back.

she tried to fight back until she touch his cape. feeling how soft it was, she rested her head on it, holding onto him as he ran outside to where the crystal heart was.

he put her down and quickly released her from the chains. "twilight. i don't have time, get your friends—" he stopped talking and winced in pain. "h- he's controlling me. stop him. pl- please. and hurry."

twilight just stared at him in shock.

"go!" he pushed her towards the train station. "i can't handle this anymore."

twilight nodded and headed towards the train station, even though the trains never stops there anymore. twilight flew off towards her castle in ponyville. please be there.

twilight ran through ponyville to her castle. ponies were gasping. they heard rumors about her being dead, or imprisoned.

she opened the doors to her castle and then ran to the throne room, where all her friends—and their boyfriends—were.

"sombra's in danger."