Ep 10: Work of Art

"Kelly, I'm really sorry but I have to find Kara"

"Yeah. Sure. Sure"

Alex spent time roaming around the gallery but her sister is nowhere to be found. She tried connecting through the comms but it was turned off.

She was about to call Kara when her phone buzzed. It was a message from Kara.

'Outside'

She knows her sister was upset. She doesn't want her sister getting upset but there's only one thing she knows. When Kara is upset, she likes to eat... a lot.

"I thought you don't like vegan ice cream," she said as she sat beside her sister," you got some on your nose"

"I'm not upset"Kara stated, licking at her ice cream and not looking at Alex.

"Wow. I haven't said anything but okay"

"I'm not upset. I'm sad. I want you to enjoy yourself with Kelly and I want to spend time with you. And I don't know what I'm doing, throwing tantrums here" Kara explained finishing off her ice cream, "I'm sorry, Alex. I think I am not thinking very well"

"Hey, Kara. I know I said and it's supposed to be our sister's date but I didn't expect her to be there. And I don't want to ruin a good thing with Kelly because lately, I feel like I'm running away from her. I don't know, I'm scared and I'm not sure of how I feel"Alex said looking from the distance. Unsure of what she had just confessed to her sister. She's scared, she can feel it with every beat of her heart.

"Alex, I told you to follow your heart. It's the second time I heard you say that you're not sure of anything. It's fine with me, as long as you're happy. I'm happy for you. Okay?"Kara assured her sister, "You have a new phone?"

"What?"Alex asked confused, there was a phone she felt at her sister's leather jacket when she hugged her, "Oh, it's not mine. It's Maggie's"

"What? How?"

Alex told her that she got Maggie's phone when she was at the DEO and forgot to bring it to her. Kara checked the phone but it's off.

"So you were hoping that she'd showed up here and you have a reason to give her phone back. And a reason to talk to her"Kara confirmed it by Alex's hesitant smile," Alex Danvers, I'm always here if you make up your mind"

"Can we go inside? I feel like we haven't seen everything in the gallery. Don't tease me, Kara. I'll flip you upside down"

"Okay, my mouth is zipped"

They walked together back at the gallery and started looking for more pieces of art and asking questions about them. Seems like people have forgotten about Supergirl and Alex's face a while ago.

"Alex, Kara, here" Kelly waved, Kara and Alex waved, too looking at her sister to ask for permission.

"Go, go, go. Just call me when you need me"Kara winked and roam the gallery opposite her sister and Kelly.

***

"Alex, I want you to see this"Kelly told Alex and pulled her to the painting with the number 22 on it. The number written on that piece of paper she told Kara about.

"I don't know who did this but she did a great job"Alex stated looking at Kelly who was staring at the paintings in awe.

There was jealousy in her eyes and an urged to tell Alex what's really in her heart.

"Actually, Alex. It was that friend who invited me"Kelly sighed, she looked at Alex and held her hands, "I showed him a picture of you...that I took and that's a result. I hope you like it?"

"Wow. Your friend is amazing. I mean, why me?"Alex skeptically looked at the painting and she remembers only one person, a person she was with that outfit in the second painting. Alex's face in a red dress but only after her shoulders were painted. It was a valentine's day. Her first valentine's day with Maggie.

"Because I want to impress you", she touched Alex's face and leaned in to kiss her," and I want to do this" she kissed Alex but Alex was shocked and didn't move a muscle.

"Wow. That was unexpected"

"I know I'm new with this kind of things but I don't wanna lose this closeness and this feeling I have for you"

"Kelly, I-----" she kissed Alex again,  smiling widely and whispering her most profound thought at the moment.

"Alex, will you be my girlfriend?"

"Alex! It's an emergency. DEO needs us!"Kara came swooping in and Alex let out a big sigh mentally thanking her sister for the save.

"I'll give it to you two. By the way, do you want to take these paintings? Wait"Kelly touched the painting but her hand just went through it. It was like the painting was not there. She tried touching it again and was frustrated she attempted to call security but they stopped her.

"It's okay, Kelly. Maybe another time? Kara let's go. And Kelly, I'll talk to you soon. I'm sorry we have to go"Alex bade goodbye and she and Kara stormed out the gallery.

***

"Winn, what happened?"

"You two were there and you didn't know?"Winn jokingly asked and shakes his head, "This...this happened" he said playing a video at the gallery where paintings went suddenly missing. It was also shown Kelly trying to grab paintings of Alex but she couldn't touch it either.

"What's the matter?"Kara asked looking at Winn for answers, "I mean this could be a report of art robbery that there's no one there"

"Exactly. No one in the museum touched because of the protocol but then a curious mind had done it and it caused a panic rising as to who, what and why did they do it"Winn explained, he looked at their Director not focused on him and was having a breathing exercise.

"Alex, are you okay? This is Kara Danvers reporter's duty but they need us there. It's alright, the NCPD got it covered"Winn told the Director but she wasn't listening.

"It was you, right?" the Director looked up to Winn, challenging him to answer her question with every detail.

Kara told the other agents to get back to work and motioned Winn and Alex to follow her at the locker area.

"Hold up, Alex. Winn tell her"Kara stayed between the two to avoid any fighting circumstances. She both held their hands in case.

"It was a mistaken piece of paper. Kara found one in your pocket when you were sick and that paper that I gave you was the number and the event at the gallery that Maggie gave me the last time she was here" Winn told Alex without any guilt and hesitation from what he did, "I was just trying to help"

"What's the other piece of paper say?"Alex who was in surprise for the gesture of her sister and her friend asked, realizing what's really happening, "Have you seen this in the future?"

Winn's ears reddened and looked at the floor. He was not supposed to tell anyone about what he's done or seen unless necessary.

"Not gonna say anything"

"Okay, we understand that Winn. Alex, the one in the paper in your pocket said 'Thank you Super Friends Winn and Kara'. I think Maggie still doesn't like Supergirl" Kara commented but Winn and Alex just laughed at her, "What's so funny?"

"I get it now" Alex hugged the two, "Thank you. Now can you tell me who did those paintings?"Alex asked breaking the hug. She was curious and even though she's been told earlier who did it, she wants to know the truth and ravel the work of art she's in.

"Of course, Maggie did"Winn and Kara exclaimed, "Why, who do you think it was?"

"Nothing. I just had to confirm. Kara, NCPD needs Supergirl. Winn try to track the activities at the museum I just have to make a call"

"Sure, Director Danvers! We're on our way"

Alex took out her phone and sent a message.

'Kelly, we need to talk'