Ep 16: Kara-oke Night

"Maggie, you still need to rest. It's not like you have a date"Alex scoff, urging Maggie to stay at med bay until fully healed.

"Well, actually," Maggie said, putting on the leather jacket Alex let her borrow, her clothes were all Alex's, "I don't have"

Alex breathes a sigh of relief that earned a chuckle from Maggie. She looked at Alex with that signature head tilt and dimples.

"Worried I might have, Danvers?"

"No, No, I'm not"Alex brushed her hands behind her, "I was just worried about you"

"Well, you could accompany me"

Alex was shocked at Maggie's suggestion but laughed it off. Maggie was waiting for her answer.

"I...I...I would. I'll do it"

Maggie nods and led the way outside med bay where they saw Winn weirdly looking at Maggie from up and down.

"You know they have DEO clothes available here, right?"

Alex's eyes widened and Maggie cleared her throat so as to ease the tension.

"Well, I didn't have the time and it was locked"Alex stuttered at her explanation whilst the two exchanged a knowing look.

"Okay, I'll see you two later for Karaoke Night. Be safe you two. I'm watching you"

"Thanks, Winn/Sure, Winn"

***

Their late-night talk has been canceled so Lena moved it to a brunch date at her office. They were sitting opposite each other, eating and stealing glances.

"So, what do you want to talk about?"Kara started, Lena hesitates at first but told Kara about it.

"I saw my mom last night, here in my office. She was looking for something. I never got to talk to her but she was satisfied with what she found in my drawer and I kept thinking what was it she took but couldn't find the answer"

"Are you hiding something in there?"Lena scoffs at Kara's question. Hiding something isn't her thing, it was Kara's, "I'm sorry, what I mean is..is there something else in there that you don't want others to see or find out?"

"Kara, what's mine is mine and what's inside that drawer is my property and she does not have the right to steal it"

"Okay, I get it but do you know where's your mom?"

"I have no idea. You know what, let's just finish this"

Kara fell silent, thinking of possible things Lilian have gotten to Lena's office without any consent. What's more intriguing is that Lena seem to not care and she hesitates about what might be Lilian Luthor's real motive.

***

"You live here?"Alex immediately asked as they got off the taxi," Wow, it's...it's in my place. It's just 3 rooms apart"

"Yes, I used to live 5 blocks away but since I was assigned as Chief, this apartment is a benefit so I took it. I don't have to pay the rent. Just food"Maggie explained as they walked inside the building.

"How come I never see you?"

"Maybe you weren't even looking at all," Maggie snorted, "Actually, this is just the second time. I'll be moving my things the next week. Well, until I get better"

Alex pressed the elevator button to where her floor and Maggie is. She can't process anything at the moment and she felt her words stuck in her throat.

The elevator opens and Maggie got out first, waiting for Alex to hop off, too.

"Well, Danvers?"