Ep 17: A Game We Play

"Maggie Sawyer, NCPD"

"Alex Danvers, FBI"

"Hands where I can see them"

Everyone in the room put their hands up looking at the two with a confused and nervous look.

"Guys, what's happening?"A teenage boy with a VR box on his head asked. The two saw the monitor and it was Supergirl in a virtual reality game they are playing, "Woah, wait. Why are the cops here?" he took out the VR and put his hands up like his friends.

"We're sorry to interrupt but what are you guys playing?"Alex asked, putting away their guns and examining the room, "You can put your hands down"

"Ah, that was exhausting," a girl of about 18 said, "If you were to see if we're doing drugs and smoking pots. We are not"

"Yeah, we're just having our game night and this box magically appeared without any sign on it so we tried it. It was cool by the way"the boy who took out the VR gave it to Maggie," but it's weird. It's Supergirl and I was fighting her. Someone's urging me to fight her"

"I bet that was what you heard" another boy who seemed to be unbothered by the two cops, "Just take it from us and you can let us go"

"Yeah. We're really sorry" another girl said and offered cookies to the two cops.

"Sorry kids, but we're gonna have to take your toy"Maggie exclaimed, "Wow, they're great cookies. Come on, Danvers"

Maggie ushered Alex outside and before they close the door Alex had one last question with the teens.

"You listen to us, okay? Keep it down. Enjoy the rest of the night"

"You okay, Danvers?"

"Yeah. I was just thinking, who could it be?"

"You know you could call the DEO and report, right?"

"No, I'll just keep it until tomorrow," Alex said as they were once again outside Alex's apartment, "Do you want to go inside?"Alex opened the door waiting for Maggie to come in.

"Thought you'd never ask"Maggie chuckles softly and entered a familiar place," the second time tonight, though"

***

"Winn, I didn't hear what you said last night. What was it you're gonna attend?"Kara questions Winn as she put a box of cereals in their grocery cart, "And who are we buying this for?"

"Oh, last night? I can't remember last night"Winn also put some snack food, "And these...these are for me"

"What? How? I mean you don't eat these much and how about this one?"Kara shows a tub of vegan ice cream and some vegan chips, "And this one? Are you a vegan now?"

"Ugh, yes---wow, look at that. What could that be?"

A curious Winn and Kara went to where teenagers, moms, and their kids were gathered and were blocking the aisle for video games.

"Man, I wished we got up earlier. It's all gone"

"Maybe someone will give them to us. Remember, Aiden? He said it magically appeared in their doorstep"

"Mom, I want that game"

"Excuse me. What's happening?"

"There's a new game! It's a virtual reality where you can mingle and fight Supergirl. Too bad it was out of stock"a boy explained and the two exchanged a look, "I got mine already but it's so weird after"

"How?"Kara asks, Winn was nowhere finding clues about the buzz, "Hey, what's happening?" but the boy already left.

"Kara! We need to go"Winn shouted over the crowd. As quick as she can be, Kara left their grocery cart and went to help Winn get out of the crowd.