Ep 15: National City

A/N: Hello! Sorry it took longer than it should. Anyway, enjoy! Keep on reading.

----

'It has been 12 hours since National City was on lockdown due to the occurring El Niño and the disaster it has caused the city. Everyone's been staying inside their homes because of the heatwave that even Supergirl can not take'

'Accounts has said that this El Niño is an entity that travels through shadows and its last action was possessing NCPD's Chief Detective Maggie Sawyer last seen fighting with Agent Danvers'

'Stay at home and------'

The television was muted by Winn who was tending Alex's burns. They were at Alex's apartment since the lockdown that they continued working with DEO to find Maggie.

"Where is Maggie?"Alex asked, wincing, she suffered burns from holding Maggie back and the last thing she knew, she woke up at DEO's med bay.

"The agents and the police are working on finding her. We are tracking her down. Don't worry now"

"Where's Kara?"

***

"Kara Danvers, are you supposed to be working during the lockdown?"Snapper with papers in his hands, looking at potential stories for CATCO magazine.

"Are you?"Kara retorted, shocked at her response, "I'm sorry. I'm just so stressed out. I can't even do anything"

"Well, what you can do is find information regarding El Niño and write a story about it"

Kara nods and went to the building's balcony, now with covers to protect them from the sun in case El Niño attacks again. Feeling weak, she sat at the sofa and tried to steady her breathing.

"You know when I first got here, I enjoyed National City's view, the people, everything here is almost perfect. Until Supergirl shows up"

Kara felt her ears reddened and looked at Snapper who has followed her.

"What's the matter with Supergirl?"

"Well, she's not here and she's not helping everyone. Where is the girl of steel?"Snapper was challenging Kara but she's too weak to argue, "I know she loves National City and I know she can do anything"

"No! She can't do anything!"Kara exclaimed, "She's....she's human, too. An alien but a human, her heart is human"

"No, she can not. She can not fly all the way to catch a burglar, she can't punch her way in and talk her way down for someone to surrender. No, she can't always be Supergirl. But deep down, I know she will rise and will end this lockdown. I want to eat ice cream but the heat's too much even freezers don't work"Snapper was about to leave when he gave Kara papers, "Here, finish this report. I hope the eclipse helps with this heat"

He tossed it at Kara and Kara immediately understood what needs to be done to catch El Niño.

"Winn, I'm on my way"

***

"Lena? What are you doing here?"Kara was shocked to see her friend at the DEO, with Winn and a not so well Alex, "I mean, Winn when is the eclipse?"

"I'm here to find Maggie. I'll just take Alex to the med bay and let you talk about your plans"Lena stated and ushered Alex to the med bay. Lena was not new at the DEO's equipment so she easily went to check on Alex's health and cure her burns.

"Lena, I know you and Kara are in the rough road right now but I know deep down, you care for her and that soon it will fade and you'll forgive her...forgive us"