Walk

STARSHINE.
FIRST-PERSON POV.
I was there, hugging Cyan and smiling. I'm pretty sure Cactus was rolling her eyes at us. I stayed like that for a second, then moved away, grinning uncontrollably.
"Hey, shouldn't we be heading back to the hut now?" Apple said softly. Rocky nodded. As we all started walking back, I felt Cyan twine her tail with mine and she walked a bit closer to me. I blushed, and smiled happily.
Ray was the first to notice that something was wrong. He froze in his place and shushed everyone. We all froze.
I could hear twigs and branches being snapped, and I moved next to Cyan out of fear. She protectively put a wing around me, but I could tell that she was terrified just like me though.
Finally, a normal wolf broke out of some bushes, then scampered off whining in fear. We all sighed in relief but Cyan didn't take her wing off of me.
Before we could keep walking there was a low growl. We all decided to ignore it because it was probably just a normal wolf.
We heard it again, this time louder, and walked a bit faster. I rested my head on Cyan's shoulder, feeling safer next to her than I did away from her.
And then there was a blur of black fur and red eyes as one of those demons came flying at Ray's head.