Ch1

Izuku entered the classroom and as usual his class was lively and loud. Shoto had reached him before Katsuki could notice his presence.

"There was something I just had to talk to you about. Sit right... here." Shoto said as he blocked Izuku from Katsuki's sight.

"What is it?" he asked curiously.

"A new technique with my quirks. Watch." said Shoto as he started to use both on an object he had placed down.

"Hey, icyhot! What're you doing over there!?" Katsuki shouted from his seat.

"Mind your business and continue chatting with your like minded friends." Shoto replied, hiding Izuku more.

"Hey, Deku...!" Ochako said as she stopped by Shoto's desk.

"Midoriya!" Tenya said as he stopped over as well.

Shoto silently simmered as his plan was falling apart. Katsuki would be arriving within seconds of hearing them call out to him.

"That damn nerd is here, huh?" Katsuki said as he walked over to Shoto's desk.

He knew something was up, especially with the way he standing. He didn't understand why he always kept Izuku away from him, but each and every time it pissed him off. He pushed past the others then slammed his palms against the desk.

"Kacchan..." Izuku stammered, wondering what insults he'd shout this time.

"You, me and your loser friends. Together at lunch." Katsuki said before walking away with his usual swagger.

Those who were present weren't sure what happened. Shoto squinted at Katsuki with disdain. He'd just have try again later. Izuku looked between Shoto and Katsuki with worry. They both had started acting weird recently. Katsuki was slightly nicer than his usual nice while Shoto couldn't seem to stand his presence.

"Switch seats with me today." said Shoto with a pleading look.

"Sure but-" Izuku started but Shoto had walked off.

"Man, they're weird these days..." Ochako muttered then shook her head. "Anyway, I heard we'd be doing rescue training today!"

"Right, that's what we came to talk about. Let's work together, the three of us." Tenya said with a smile.

"I'd like that a lot." Izuku replied with his innocent smile.

Katsuki glanced back at Izuku who chatted happily with his friends. Did Izuku always have that bright of a smile? He shook his head and push the thoughts away. Deku was his name. He was still useless in his eyes.

˗ˏˋ❀ˋˏ ˏˋ❀ˋˏ˗

Mr. Aizawa walked the students over to the new USJ building where they were to practice their rescuing skills. After a lengthy explanation from the teachers, they were random put into teams of three by lot drawing. To Izuku's dismay, his group consisted of Katsuki and Tsuyu. He and Tsuyu shared a look as everyone knew how Katsuki got when it came to training.

They were put in the landslide zone and a total of five people had been caught in it. Tsuyu and Izuku expected Katsuki to go off on his own, but he stayed put.

"What are you extras looking at? Especially you nerd." Katsuki spat.

"Well, we expected you to go off on your own... But if you're staying, the plan is we try minimizing damage, especially since everything is unstable. Meaning you shouldn't use your quirk." Izuku said then continued to explain his plan.

Tsuyu couldn't help but notice how attentive Katsuki was being to Izuku. Something like that was a big rare occurrence. She decided not to mention it to Izuku until training was over.