Ch12

Katsuki sighed as he moved his head. It didn't touch the air. It was something solid. His eyes snapped open to identify to what it was.

"Izuku...?" he mumbled as he looked up. He finally registered the arms holding him. "Izuku..."

He poked at his freckles, not caring if it woke him up. His freckles really suited him. He never noticed how fluffy Izuku's hair really was. Izuku resembled that of a soft puppy to him. Katsuki rested his hand against Izuku's cheek then remembered the video.

"The same way as Tenya."

He pulled away and sat up. He couldn't forget that. Izuku finally started to stir then looked up at him.

"Darn, you got up before me... I was planning to surprise you with apple slices." Izuku said in his morning voice. "Oh well."

"Why are you here? How did you get in?" asked Katsuki.

"It was open. I wanted to ask about something, but you were asleep." said Izuku as he moved next to him.

"Why did you sleep in here? You could've headed back down." pressed Katsuki.

"You want the truth? First, tell me what you did with my apology note." said Izuku as he nudged him.

Katsuki pointed in front of them. There sat the note taped up. Izuku looked at him then back at the note.

"Accepted." said Katsuki as he ruffled Izuku's hair.

Izuku's face flushed at the gesture. He got a small warm and tingly feeling from it.

"Do it again." Izuku asked quietly, hiding his face.

Katsuki ruffled his hair again, causing his blush to deepen and strengthen the emotions. He didn't feel this light when Shoto did it.

"Kacchan." Izuku called out.

"What? You want to make fun of me?" said Katsuki as he grabbed his towel.

"Let's walk to and from homeroom together every day. Oh and eat lunch together too." said Izuku as he swung his legs.

"'Kay." responded Katsuki as he opened the bathroom door. "You should get ready too. I'll wait for you."

Izuku nodded then quietly sighed. The top of his head still felt a bit tingly.

˗ˏˋ❀ˋˏ ˏˋ❀ˋˏ˗

Katsuki glanced back and saw Izuku diligently taking notes. A smile formed on his face as he turned around. Reality came back to slap him. Izuku saw him as a friend, nothing more. All he could do was be a friend to him, even after all this time of not knowing exactly what he was feeling. Though, it probably wouldn't have mattered since Izuku's mind wouldn't have changed if he knew earlier.

Class ended and teamwork training was next. Katsuki doodled on a piece of paper as they waited for Mr. Aizawa. He felt someone tap him, causing him to look and see. No one was there. He was tapped again. Still no one.

"Whoever's messing with me, show your face so I can belittle you." snapped Katsuki.

Izuku appeared from behind him with a smug look.

"Oh, it's you..." muttered Katsuki avoiding eye contact.

"Huh? I thought you were going to belittle me?" teased Izuku before taking his seat again. "Anyway, do you think they pre-determined the teams like rescue training?"

"Probably. Never know who you're going to work with." replied Katsuki as he childishly wrote Izuku's name. "You may end up with Ojiro."

Mr. Aizawa stepped in and told the class to get changed and meet him outside.