Ch8

Izuku yawned as he opened his eyes. Blackness filled his sight. He looked up and was close to Katsuki's sleeping face. He blinked, unaware of the growing heat in his cheeks. There were plenty of things he could do to him in his sleep. Izuku settled with ruffling his hair. He moved to get out of bed, but Katsuki firmly held onto him.

"Kacchan... please wake up. We have classes. We need to get ready and eat." Izuku said softly. No response. "Kacchan..."

He was well aware he could lose his life for this, but they needed to get up. He started to tickle Katsuki whose body responded and let out the laughter Izuku loved so much. Izuku stopped tickling as he had gone back into his trance like state. Katsuki opened his eyes and looked at Izuku who covered his mouth.

"What? Did I do something...?" asked Katsuki slightly worried.

"Your laugh... it's nice to hear..." Izuku mumbled from behind his hand.

Katsuki sat up as he had heard him. His face was flushed because of his laugh? Was it really that eye opening? Katsuki took his hands and pulled him out of bed.

"Dwell in whatever it is later. See you." Katsuki said as he let go of his hands and left.

Izuku slapped his cheeks and brought himself back to reality. So what if he had a cute sleeping face? And rufflable hair? And a spell binding laugh? Katsuki was still Katsuki. He couldn't forget that. Yet his heart was slowly beginning to.

˗ˏˋ❀ˋˏ ˏˋ❀ˋˏ˗

Izuku noticed Katsuki waiting by the doors of the building. He was probably going to harass him again. He steeled himself.

"Yo, Deku. Let's... Let's walk to homeroom together..." Katsuki said without looking at him.

"Um... okay...?" Izuku replied rather confused.

Izuku kept his distance as he wasn't sure of what Katsuki had planned. Other students noticed them walking together and talked amongst themselves about it.

"Deku, act like we're friends." Katsuki fussed.

"But we aren't." said Izuku as he furrowed his brows.

Katsuki stopped and looked at him. Izuku stopped as well. Was he too harsh? Though, he only stated a fact. Everyone knew they weren't friends and even now they didn't really put a name to whatever they had going on. Katsuki walked closer to him then sighed.

"Do you wanna be like... friends...? And do friend stuff..." asked Katsuki, clearly out of his element.

"Uh... sure. I guess. But if we're going to be friends, I'm going to lay down some rules." Izuku said with crossed arms.

"Here we go." Katsuki said as he rolled his eyes.

"You can't curse at me, don't call me names, you can't bully me either, and speak your mind." said Izuku, implementing the last one so he wouldn't get another note for an apology.

"Fine. So, friends?" asked Katsuki as he stuck his hand out.

"Friends." replied Izuku as he shook his hand.

Shoto witnessed everything. He needed to step up his game.

˗ˏˋ❀ˋˏ ˏˋ❀ˋˏ˗

Izuku searched his bag then frowned. He left his notes. He certainly wasn't going to ask Katsuki. Shoto noticed that Izuku seemed a bit distressed. He walked over with a smile.

"Oh, hey. Is there something you wanna talk about?" Izuku asked with a smile.

"You seem distressed. Is there a problem?" Shoto asked glancing at Katsuki to see if he was listening.