Ch10

Izuku exited the bathroom as he dried his hair. He looked around his room then spotted the note Katsuki had left him a long while ago. Why did he post it up in the first place? He reached to take it down then hesitated. Why did it bother him now? So he left it there.

"Focus on the important things to you."

"What if I am, but it keeps moving further from me?"

"Could you answer it?"

"You."

Izuku slapped his cheeks and got dressed. Now wasn't the time to be thinking about unimportant things. He locked the door to his room and made his way downstairs. He didn't see Katsuki waiting by the doors. Was it wise to wait? Probably not. He shouldn't have expected much. He ended up waiting a bit longer before going on ahead anyway.

˗ˏˋ❀ˋˏ ˏˋ❀ˋˏ˗

Izuku was talking to his friends when he saw Katsuki come in. Shoto diverted his attention as he could see the sadness in his eyes.

"Izu, Bakugo did something to you again didn't he?" Shoto asked as he draped an arm around his shoulder.

"I don't know anymore..." Izuku muttered as Shoto leaned him against him. "Are we friends...?"

"Us?" asked Shoto in confusion. Izuku shook his head. "You and Bakugo?"

"Yeah. It doesn't feel like we're friends. It doesn't feel like we're enemies either. Are we in limbo? Is that even possible in friendship?" asked Izuku as his mind started to race.

Shoto took a deep breath and decided to have courage. He cupped Izuku's face and gave him a warm smile.

"Forget about Bakugo for a while. Just focus on me and think relaxation and serenity." said Shoto then gave him a kiss on his forehead.

A few of their classmates had witnessed it. Katsuki missed it. Izuku was stunned. How was he to react to that? It made him feel tingly and weird. A bit sick even. Shoto kept smiling as he massaged Izuku's scalp.

"Stop, you're going to put me to sleep..." mumbled Izuku on the verge of falling asleep while trying to process what just occurred.

"My bad, but feels better right? How about this, only hang around Bakugo if it's necessary. Spend your free time hanging with friends or Shoku. He misses you actually." said Shoto softly.

"Shoto... where would I be without you?" Izuku said with sparkles in his eyes. "You're precious to me."

Shoto glanced back to see if Katsuki was listening in, thought it'd be hard with all of the conversations going all at once. Though, it didn't matter. What mattered was getting Izuku to say "I like you" in the romantic sense.

"Ah, are you busy after school? There's a place I want to take you. Dress casually." said Shoto.

"Oh, uh... okay then." Izuku replied, unsure if he should go or not. "Um, about that forehead kiss... could you warn a person?"

"Yeah, that was my fault. You seemed really tense." said Shoto, shouting victory on the inside at his response to it.

˗ˏˋ❀ˋˏ ˏˋ❀ˋˏ˗

Izuku pretended to be looking for something as everyone started to file out of the room for lunch. Shoto stayed behind and was surprised to see Katsuki leaving with the rest.

"Hey." said Shoto as he pulled him over. "What are you doing?"

"Going to lunch? Like everyone else?" said Katsuki in confusion.