Ch7

~Time skip: a few days later~

Katsuki knocked on Izuku's door and waited for a response. The students were given free time in the morning as they'd do nothing but training straight through in the afternoon. He leaned against the door then fell forward when the door opened.

"Sorry to drop in..." Katsuki said, not realizing the pun he just made.

"It's too early for this, Kacchan..." Izuku groaned as he pushed him off.

They got up off the floor and Katsuki had closed and locked his door. Izuku crawled back into bed while Katsuki sat at his desk.

"Did I wake you?" Katsuki asked.

"No, but I do want to go back to sleep. If you have something to say, say it." said Izuku as he yawned.

"Todoroki... he... is he still being overprotective?" asked Katsuki, not saying what was on his mind.

"No." Izuku replied.

"I... I uh..." Katsuki stuttered. Izuku roller over and looked at him with tired eyes. His heart jumped. "I'll just leave you be. Rest up for pummeling in the afternoon."

"Okay...?" Izuku yawned before rolling back over.

He quickly wrote something down before leaving. In the end he couldn't say it. He was foolish to think apologizing was easy. His pride wouldn't allow him.

˗ˏˋ❀ˋˏ ˏˋ❀ˋˏ˗

Izuku woke up an hour before everyone was scheduled to meet. He noticed a piece of paper was left on his desk. He walked over and picked it up.

"'I'm sorry about what I called your freckles, Deku. From Katsuki.'. He really couldn't say it to my face." Izuku read then sighed. He noticed a part of it was erased. He eventually figured out what he erased. "So he's not going to call me by name on paper either... Kacchan, you really are annoying."

A knock was heard. Izuku opened the door and saw Shoto was ready to go. Shoto eyed the paper in his hand.

"Why don't we head over together once you're ready?" Shoto asked as he held his hands, taking the note in the process. "Oh? Who's this... from?"

Izuku snatched it from him in a panic. He didn't want anyone to know about his soft side. Katsuki probably didn't want it either. Shoto had seen enough, but played dumb. His main mission was to win over Izuku.

"Sorry. I was thinking of pranking someone. So, together right? That's fine. Bye." Izuku said hurriedly as he closed the door.

He sighed then smiled at the note. He wasn't going to deny his effort in trying earlier. He'd at least give him that.

˗ˏˋ❀ˋˏ ˏˋ❀ˋˏ˗

The students groaned in pain as they were tired beyond tired. A few of them were still raring to go. Izuku was one of the few yet he knew his body would give out soon enough.

"Alright, you're all dismissed. Enjoy the rest of your day. Regular classes start up again tomorrow." the teacher said before walking off with the others.

Izuku sat on his rump to catch his breath. Other students had started making their way back to the housing buildings.

"Hot?" Shoto asked.

"Definitely." replied Izuku.

Shoto placed his his right hand on Izuku's forehead and used the tiniest amount of ice to cool him down. Izuku smiled in pleasure at the cool feeling. Katsuki wanted to interrupt them, but Izuku looked as if he really needed it. So he walked away.