Ch3

~Time skip: 2 weeks~

Izuku jogged around campus as they had a day off for once. Most of the other students had gone home the day before after classes ended. He planned to visit his mother soon since he didn't live that far from the school. He still wasn't a perfect vessel yet for One for All, so he made sure to exercise every chance he got. He emerged from behind the building and saw Shoto waiting by the school's arch.

Shoto noticed him and waved him over. Izuku was hesitant, but ultimately decided to see what he wanted.

"You aren't going home to see your mom?" Shoto asked as he watched Izuku jog in place.

"I am after I do one more lap around the campus. Oh, is anyone still here from 1-A?" asked Izuku.

"Y- No. No one's there. Actually, I have time. I'm not that eager to see my dad, so I can get your things for you." said Shoto with a warm smile.

"Would you really? That'd be wonderful. My bag is sitting on my bed but, I just need my wallet put in as well. Can you do that?" Izuku asked with clasped hands.

"No problem. What are friends for? You have your room key on you, right?" Shoto asked.

Izuku handed over his room key then jogged off. Shoto sighed in relief as he managed to cover up the fact Katsuki was still in the dorms along with two others. He took his time walking back to the building as Izuku was now expecting him to bring his things.

˗ˏˋ❀ˋˏ ˏˋ❀ˋˏ˗

Shoto finally found his wallet then put it in an easy to access spot. He heard a knock and assumed it was one of the other students. He looked and frowned immediately. So did the other person.

"Why are you in Izuku's room?" "Why are you in Deku's room?" they asked in unison.

"Shouldn't you be going home for the day? See your family?" Shoto snapped as he slung Izuku's backpack over his shoulder.

"As if I'd want to see those freaks." Katsuki retorted.

"The only freak is you. How could you say that about your own parents? I really dislike my dad but I wouldn't go as far as calling him a freak. You, are seriously messed up." said Shoto with obvious disgust. "Another reason why everyone hates you."

"Anyone who hates me is obviously a weak willed loser. Only the strong survive in this world." said Katsuki as he eyed Izuku's bag. "What are you doing in here, especially with his bag?"

"What's it to you? From what I recall, Izuku is nothing more than just 'deku' to you. A waste of matter and space." Shoto said with a thoughtful look. He could see the anger present on Katsuki's face, making him smirk. "Am I wrong?"

"Shut the hell up! I'll fucking kill you!" Katsuki shouted before tackling Shoto to the floor.

Izuku sighed as he dabbed at his forehead. Ten minutes had passed since he finished his lap and Shoto hadn't come out yet. He decided to head inside and see what was taking him so long.

He happily hummed as he climbed the stairs. As he walked down the hall, he heard a loud thud and shouting. He hurried over to where he heard it come from then felt his eyes widen. His room was a mess. A few of his posters were torn and his figurine was now headless.

"What the hell happened in here!?" Izuku shouted loudly, surprising both him and the two boys on the floor. He had never shouted so loud before. "My posters... my figurine..."

Both felt a heavy weight on their shoulders, especially Katsuki. He knew how much he admired All Might and tried his best to avoid destroying anything.

"Deku-" Katsuki started then felt hopeless as Izuku had ran away.

"Nice going, short fuse." Shoto sneered as he got up to chase after Izuku.

Katsuki's body gave in and caused him to collapse to the floor. He had never felt such intense guilt before. He never imagined it'd feel so heavy. He picked up the head of the figurine and absentmindedly tried putting it back together with the body. Naturally it wouldn't since it wasn't the type that had connectable parts.

"Why... why won't you go back together...?" Katsuki said, his voice cracking slightly.

He eventually stopped and let his arms fall. He had to do something about it. He took down the torn posters and stuffed the figurine in his pocket. He was going to get rid of the guilt he was feeling.

˗ˏˋ❀ˋˏ ˏˋ❀ˋˏ˗

Shoto rubbed his back as they sat on the train. It was mostly his fault that his prized possessions were destroyed, but he didn't mind having the blame shifted to Katsuki. It worked in his favor.

"Bakugo really is a mean guy, huh? He of all people should know how much you love and admire All Might." said Shoto as he patted his head.

Izuku remained unresponsive. He wasn't sure if that was a good or bad thing. He tried cracking a few jokes, but got the same response, which was nothing. He noticed Izuku's stop was being announced and at least wanted to make him smile before he left.

"I'll replace everything for you. I promise." said Shoto with a hopeful smile.

Izuku finally met his eyes. Shoto could see them starting to turn red from all of the crying he did. Izuku rubbed his eyes and sniffled a bit.

"Don't bother." he mumbled as he stood up while the train pulled into the station. "Replacements won't carry the same memories."

Shoto silently reached out as he exited the train. He retracted his hand and felt even more guilt. Izuku had a point. The memories one made with certain things wouldn't feel the same with a replacement. There were many things you could replace in life, but memories were forever.

˗ˏˋ❀ˋˏ ˏˋ❀ˋˏ˗

"Izuku... what happened?" his mom asked as he walked in. "Did someone hurt you?"

"I'm okay mom. Just some dust." he said with a feigned smile.

His mother knew her son better than this. She decided not to press further and waited until he was ready to talk. Izuku hid under his covers as he quietly sobbed. Today was supposed to be a happy day, yet here he was, crying. It was all Katsuki's fault. Why were they even fighting in the first place?

"He constantly belittles me and makes fun of me. It's annoying."

That statement made itself known in Izuku's mind. Who was to say Shoto didn't start it? Both were responsible and needed to compensate him in some way, shape or form.

"Izuku? I cut up some fruit..." his mother called out from the outside.

Izuku opened his door and greeted his mother with a warm, genuine smile. She smiled in return, happy to know her son was back to normal.

"How has school been? Learn anything interesting?" she asked cheerfully.

Izuku rambled on about what they've been learning and she happily nodded along. It was nice seeing her son in high spirits as it lifted hers up as well.

"Oh right, how's Kacchan, hm? His mom asked me if he was coming home with you. Did he?" she asked, unaware of what transpired at school.

"He didn't look like he was leaving the dorms. So he's probably not." Izuku replied flatly.

"I guess I'll be the bearer of bad news." his mom said with a heavy sigh.

Izuku quietly ate his fruit as he listened to his mother's conversation. He tilted his head as his mom made a surprised look then looked at him.

"Little Kacchan came home? But Izuku... Ah, okay. I see. Talk to you later." she said then hung up. "I thought he wasn't coming home?"

"Maybe he changed his mind." replied Izuku with a shrug.

He himself wondered what possessed Katsuki to come home when he clearly stated the day before he didn't plan on seeing his parents. He could go and ask, but he didn't feel like dealing with him more than once a day. Not to forget he and Shoto destroyed his things. He made up his mind. He was going to avoid him at all costs.