Ch17

Katsuki waited outside his door wondering how he should approach him. Be friendly? Compliment him? He wasn't given much time to think as the door opened.

"Move." Izuku demanded.

"Not until you hear me out." Katsuki said, still blocking his path.

"There's nothing left to say, move. I need to get to training and you're in my way." Izuku said, one step away from using his quirk to force him.

Katsuki put his hand over Izuku's face then exhaled.

"I know what you're planning. You'll use One for All to force me out the way. So, if you don't want to go to training all bloody, I suggest you let me talk." Katsuki threatened, wishing it didn't get this far.

"You make it seem like I won't break your arms." Izuku threatened back.

They stood in silence before Katsuki moved his hand. This wasn't how he wanted things to go. He stepped aside then crouched down in shame. He was reverting back just like Shoto wanted.

"Forget this conversation happened." Katsuki muttered, unaware of the fact Izuku had already left.

He looked up and saw he was alone. Maybe this was how things were meant to be.

˗ˏˋ❀ˋˏ ˏˋ❀ˋˏ˗

Izuku happily ate what Shoto fed him which earned them teases and coos. No matter how great it was, something was still missing.

"Katsuki hasn't bothered you at all today. How does it feel?" Shoto whispered.

"Nice. I feel like I can breathe." Izuku replied then noticed he didn't see Katsuki in the cafeteria.

In fact, he hadn't seen him since their classroom class. Shoto changed the topic, steering clear of causing worry to arise in him.

"So, I'm taking one for the team." Yuuga said as he stopped by their table with the rest of 1-A. "Are you two... a thing?"

"Yes." "No." they said at the same time.

"Which is it?" Tooru asked in confusion.

"Yes." said Shoto, discreetly keeping Izuku silent.

"Wow. What will your dad think?" Kyoka asked.

"I'm sure it'll be fine. We're going away together on vacation anyway." Shoto said, then allowed Izuku to speak. "Right?"

"But-" Izuku started then looked at all the wondering eyes. "Right..."

Everyone dispersed, eagerly talking about how lucky the two were. Izuku looked at Ochako and Tenya who seemed supportive of it too.

"Shoto, I don't want to lie. Let's-" said Izuku but was silenced by a kiss.

The sound of something hitting the floor filled his ears, making him want to turn and find out. Shoto finally pulled away then smiled happily. Izuku looked towards where the sound came and saw a tray and food splayed out on the floor. Did someone drop it without cleaning up?

"Do you really want to tell them the truth and dampen their spirits? It's harmless. It's not like they're going to force us to do stuff." Shoto said then ruffled his hair.

Izuku looked at him then rose from his seat before leaving the cafeteria. He knew what was missing. He just refused to acknowledge it.

˗ˏˋ❀ˋˏ ˏˋ❀ˋˏ˗

Katsuki wiped his eye as he reread the same paragraph on the same page for the second time. He heard the door open and only had a bit of time to react before he was hugged from the side.