Ch11

Izuku happily hummed as he tied his tie. His eye caught the posted note. Katsuki deserved an apology as he had ditched him the day before. Izuku took a moment to write down his apology then smiled. He soon frowned as he realized how much smiling he's done just by thinking of Katsuki. Was he that happy to be friends?

A knock was heard. He folded the note and hid it in his pocket. He opened the door and was surprised to see Shoto.

"Let's walk to homeroom together." said Shoto with a bright smile.

"Oh, I was going... Actually, yeah. Let's." said Izuku as he decided to give it to him in class.

Shoto held out his hand for him to take. It didn't click and Izuku ended up giving him a low five. Shoto blinked then realized he didn't understand.

"I was asking to hold hands." explained Shoto.

"Oh. Is that necessary?" asked Izuku as they took the stairs down.

"No, but I thought it'd be cute to do. You deserve to be pampered." said Shoto with a cute laugh.

"Stop... I feel embarrassed..." muttered Izuku as his cheeks gained color.

"I see you two lovebirds are at it again." teased Hanta.

"I bet they text each other 'I miss you' when they're sitting across from each other." joined in Mina.

"We aren't lovebirds! Shoto just loves teasing me." argued Izuku as a few others joined in teasing them.

"Shoto and Izuku are lovebirds huh?" Katsuki said from behind them. "Certainly none of us are surprised really."

Izuku watched him walk past and felt sullen. He thought Katsuki of all people wouldn't join in with it. He looked at Shoto then back at Katsuki's retreating figure. It didn't sit well with him. He pulled away from Shoto then hurried to catch up with Katsuki.

"Hey, are you on their side too?" Izuku asked as he caught up.

"Why not? You two would be cute together. It's the perfect pairing." said Katsuki, the words tasting horribly bitter. "Go cater to your boyfriend's needs."

Izuku wasn't sure how to feel about Katsuki's response. It hurt. Kind of. By the time he collected his thoughts, Katsuki had already entered the building. Shoto caught up to him then draped an arm over his shoulder.

"I'm going to eat with Kacchan today..." said Izuku as he moved Shoto's arm.

Shoto watched him walk off. Did he mess up? Did he not like being teased or was it something else?

˗ˏˋ❀ˋˏ ˏˋ❀ˋˏ˗

Izuku stared at the backside of Katsuki as Mr. Aizawa went on about their next training class. Would he accept his apology note? When would be an ideal time to give it to him? Katsuki turned around and noticed Izuku was staring. He waved his hand and received no reaction.

"Yo, Izuku. Papers." said Katsuki as he slapped them against his desk, bringing him back to reality.

"Oh, sorry. Wait, Kacchan..." said Izuku as he had started to turn around.

"What?" spat Katsuki.

"Here..." said Izuku as he handed him the folded note. "Sorry..."

Katsuki turned around without another word. Izuku handed the papers back then waited to see if there was a change in Katsuki. He didn't see any.

"Alright, get up and get changed into your costumes." said Mr. Aizawa in his usual monotone voice.

Katsuki had gotten up and Izuku could see the note sticking out of his notebook. Did he read it? Was he saving it for later? The feeling of not knowing was eating at him.