Ch4

Izuku opened the door to 1-A and everyone immediately quieted down. Everyone was looking at him. He noticed Shoto and Katsuki hadn't arrived yet. It was Tenya who had taken one for the team.

"Hanta said he heard you shout yesterday. He went down from Mashiro's room to see what was going on and saw you running away... Did something happen?" Tenya asked as he led Izuku to his seat.

"I saw Shoto too! Did you two...?" Hanta asked while making a kissing gesture.

Izuku's face turned bright red. Where were they getting those ideas from? They had no interest in each other whatsoever. At least on his end anyway.

"Absolutely not! You're all letting your imagination's run too wild." Izuku said with a huff.

Shoto entered the room and soon the girls had surrounded him and whispered something to him. His face turned bright red as well. Everyone watched as he stammered, unable to get a word out. Katsuki entered soon after. He locked eyes with Izuku then quickly averted his gaze. Soon he was sitting in Eijiro's seat.

"Hey, when did you switch seats, Bakugo?" Shoto commented. "Why aren't you at your seat?"

"Lay off it, icyhot." Katsuki said flatly.

"Wow, is the almighty Bakugo losing his razor edge? No rude remarks? No cursing me out? Ha, I wonder why." said Shoto, making an insinuation that he had done something.

The other students started to murmur, wondering if Shoto was hinting at something. Izuku wasn't sure whether to step in or butt out. Katsuki didn't respond to Shoto.

"Wow, you really have been tamed haven't you? Who did it? Mr. Aizawa? All Might? Best Jeanist? Iz-" Shoto said then found himself underneath Katsuki in an instant.

"Shut. The. Fuck. Up. You half half bastard." Katsuki said angrily.

"Did I strike a nerve? Wasn't my intention." said Shoto as he could see the malice in his eyes.

"I will end you in training today to the point you won't be able to walk anymore." Katsuki threatened before releasing him.

"That's basically kissing your way to being a pro hero goodbye. Just how stupid are you?" Shoto said then laughed. "Oh wait, we already know."

"Shoto, that's far enough." Izuku said.

"Izuku's right, Shoto. We let it go under the guise of banter, but you're crossing the line lately." Tsuyu said with concern.

Other students agreed. Shoto sighed then apologized to everyone, including Katsuki. Katsuki kept his head down as he fought back a small smile. Deku had stood up for him. Even if it wasn't directly to help him out, he still appreciated the gesture. Mr. Aizawa finally entered the classroom and began homeroom.

˗ˏˋ❀ˋˏ ˏˋ❀ˋˏ˗

Izuku stretched out as combat training was starting. The teacher had paired them up beforehand, so students couldn't choose their opponents.

"Starting first are... Bakugo and Todoroki." the teacher said.

All of the students looked at the both of them with worry. Of all the luck, they had to be put together. After what happened earlier in class, everyone was unsure about the match up.

"I have a question-suggestion!" Tenya said, gaining the teacher's attention. "Could they fight different people? They're not quite on good terms and we might see a bloodbath..."

"Some people communicate better with actions rather than words. But no, we're not changing the lineups." the teacher said then had the other students watch from the monitor room.