Ch5

~Time skip: 2 weeks~

The students happily chattered as Mr. Aizawa had announced the annual regular school festival. However, three certain people couldn't act like nothing had happened. Izuku was stuck between whether he should ask Katsuki or not about what he said back in the infirmary that day. Katsuki slightly went back to his usual attitude towards Izuku due to high embarrassment. Shoto had heard bits and pieces of their conversation and didn't like how it progressed. Yet the three of them were able to put on faux smiles and pretend.

"Why not a maid cafe?" Ochako suggested.

"That's the most cliché suggestion I've ever heard." Hanta said with a sigh.

"Do you have a better idea, Hanta?" Tsuyu asked.

Hanta froze and ultimately gave up. The other students continued to discuss ideas while Izuku sat outside the perimeter.

"Hey, why aren't you in the discussion?" Shoto asked as he took a seat in front of Izuku.

"Ah, they don't need my input. I'm sure it'll be fun with whatever the choose." said Izuku happily.

"Is Bakugo bothering you again?" asked Shoto quietly.

"No... not really." Izuku said then noticed Katsuki approaching. "Kacchan..."

"Nerd. You're staying after school right?" Katsuki asked.

"Why? So you can terrorize him?" Shoto snapped.

"Pipe down extra. This is a A B conversation." Katsuki said then looked at Izuku. "Let me borrow your room key."

Shoto stood up and pushed Katsuki back. The other students turned at the sound of him colliding with a desk and chair.

"Like hell he's going to let you back in there after what you did!" Shoto said ticked off.

"Me? You're the one who ruined his posters and broke his figurine! You should be the one banned from his room!" Katsuki shouted in anger.

"You're calling me a liar? I know what I saw!" Shoto shouted back.

"Katsuki, we know you two have your differences, but you really shouldn't lie..." Ashido said quietly, pushing her index fingers together.

Katsuki screamed in frustration then left the room. Izuku quietly watched the door then glanced at everyone else.

"So, what-" Shoto started then stopped as Izuku had stood up. "What's wrong?"

Izuku left his seat and left the classroom as well. He saw Katsuki's eyes. He of all people knew him best. Katsuki wasn't lying. Izuku picked up his pace, hoping Katsuki didn't get far. Shoto peeked out from the classroom and followed. If he didn't do something, it'd wouldn't be long before he couldn't bully Katsuki anymore.

˗ˏˋ❀ˋˏ ˏˋ❀ˋˏ˗

Izuku stopped in a hallway to catch his breath. He couldn't find Katsuki anywhere and their next class was going to start soon. He looked out the window in hopes of spotting him. No sign of him. He had checked everywhere in the school building.

"Kacchan... where are you..." he mumbled as he turned away from the window.

Just then Katsuki had appeared within the window's sight. Izuku turned around again and caught a glimpse of someone outside. He didn't know who but there was a good chance it was Katsuki.

He hurried down the steps and pushed a door open. He headed over to where he saw them then sighed. They could've gone anywhere. Just as he moved to leave, he heard faint sounds of sniffling. Izuku peeked around the corner and saw Katsuki sitting with his knees to his chest. Should he approach him? That would only get him yelled at. It would be the same if he called out from where he was.