|I|Episode●003● Ménage

Everything was as much as it was supposed to be. The roads, the traffic, the honkings, people, nightlife. Sera could see through the normalcy and acknowledge the exceptions. Not everything was the same, the air was different. Just the air around her. It served dejection.

Inutility, humiliation and hopelessness befriended her just after the precious hour when it should have otherwise been the embodiment of everything opposite. The hour that had been and would be the testimony of her genesis and sustenance on the planet.

The knowledge on how and to what extent words can ruin a person is unknown. For Sera, just a 'Jandi' ruined her supposedly better day. What's worse was how she felt bad to have left Jimin on his own after finishing up their fake intimacy. It was revolting that she was having such selfless thoughts after what he did.

House no. 3070. She found herself subconsciously landing the vehicle in front of her abode. Her senses awakened. Wondered how she was able to reach in one piece when she'd been this adrift from the roads.

She was met with a very ravishing physique when the door opened.

/Han Hongnan. 22. A college student by day and a 'stripper?' by night. The girl managed to pay for her college fee and rent by tending to VIPs in secret noraebangs(karaoke rooms) during the cover of night, the work calls for stripping almost every night. A lively girl who's easy to mingle with, grateful, respectful, brave, loving, caring, and a bit conservative; nothing Sera's grumpy soul couldn't find intolerable. Had been living under Sera's roof for 3 years and 2 months./

"Happy 27th birthday, Sera unnie!" Hongnan whisper screamed at an outstanding 12:50 of the night. The girl approached the elder with stretched arms and Sera was as welcoming as ever. The colour in Hongnan's orbs clashed with the lack in her own. 

The reason for that colour was Sera herself, she was aware. It was no time to be anguished. If she had the energy to please someone as ignorant as Jimin, masking her disappointment with the man, she should have the energy to do the same with her family, masking her disappointment, again, with Jimin. Sera pulled back from the hug with a fake smile.

"Yo, you look tired. I told you not to do—" Sera heard Hongnan's stomach growl. "And that's why you should listen to the sensible one."

"It's fine, unnie. It's your day. I'll just go wake Rowoon unnie up, poor thing slept waiting."

"Guess she'd have cursed me a lot."

"Haha." Hongnan proceeded to the stairs.

Sera was met with a visual art of mouth-watering edibles adorned on her dining table, a healthy-looking home-made cake resting on the centre, ready to steal the thunder of every other dish. A genuine smile crept upon Sera's face. Her appreciation for her yeodongsaeng and unnie was as limited as the sky. They were her family, even more dear to her than her biological family.

/Sera remembered her previous paying guests. When she moved to Jongno, Seoul, she had been nothing but a mess. Not used to being alone, handling chores or feeling the lack of fresh currency at her itchy palms, she decided to let someone occupy one of the three spare bedrooms at her house. Offered lower rent with one strict condition that the guest should entertain the chores singlehandedly. 

The first catch was a 19-year-old first-year undergraduate -Gil Daran by name- whose parents had too much money to have ruined their pride by letting her stay at a mediocre dormitory. The rent Sera proposed had been nothing for Daran, as for the housework contract, she had made sure that the maid came in every day whom she had hired out of her own expenses. Her aristocracy always amazed Sera. Sadly, her stay was cut to an abrupt two months, the reason being Sera's un-immunity to her.