|I|Episode●004● First Love

The man kept moving. The fencing walls on either side of him trapped him within that narrow path that stretched forward and met at a dot in the vision of his inhuman eyes. It seemed too long— the path. And it was. He didn't know how many years he had passed on the monotonous path. He truly was undeterred, however. It hadn't even been that much of time(just half a day on earth, really) since he missed his chance with the new soul he witnessed earlier. Anyone else would be discouraged after that. He was too, he just chose to keep going. It was hours, but it only felt like minutes to him; That was the quality of being conditioned in the dark earth.

Sometimes he would wonder if he regretted his decisions(just the one that landed him in the dark earth). No ghouls in the dark earth were spared from such thoughts, that was certain. He could never bring about an affirmative answer to that question, however. Yes, he had killed a few humans when he was a free soul, but who those humans had been, played an important role too. They were the ones responsible for his own death. It was humorous that someone who was rotten from the start, even when living, would reason with that strategy. What of those poor beings who he killed accidentally! Or for sport just because he could(as a new spirit with heightened powers)! Of course, he didn't remember those details. It just slipped his mind. And that, would be, a criminal's mind!

What he did remember, was that he had to avenge. The one that he needed to kill the most, the universe didn't give him enough time to do that, he was enslaved in the dark earth before that could happen. The main antagonist in his story, he had to make sure all the debts were paid. And that motivated him to keep going, to set himself free.

He knew of the way that would help him escape out of his prison. It was dangerous for evil spirits to be aware of that, yes, but he knew. It was accidental, really; when he used to roam around after his death, he would just inspect on random humans, and one of those people(or was it a soul?) had to be a shaman who he heard teaching her son about some random essentials. Surely enough, he didn't hear about the part that explained why souls would get trapped in the dark earth in the first place.

He kept walking. His tall form and wide shoulders, the dark aura surrounding him, heightened the essence of the otherwise empty, narrow path. He tilted his head and stretched his neck on each side, a clack sounding at each, and rolled his shoulders for a revival; Few old habits of his.

○

The metal frame entrapping the photo glistened under the dim ceiling lights, some sharp rays blotching the cornea cells of Jimin's bewitching left eye. Jimin shifted to avoid the glare, the rug underneath him slipping back and forth on the floor in accord to his flow. He was careful not to slam his head on the open drawer of his wooden desk he was supporting the back of his trunk on. 

A single tear cascaded down his eye as he stared at the photo-sized figures of three jovial humans. The old Park Jimin, Pyo Jandi and Geum Sera were smiling at him with utmost genuineness. No one could comprehend still of how terribly Jimin missed Jandi, not even his so-called 'best friend' Sera.