|III|Episode●016● Trapped

Jimin opened his eyes, only to be utterly disappointed. The last two times he had woken up, he found himself in the same place. The same alienic, dark, dubious and disquieting room. It was arduous to even confirm if it was a room he was in, could be nowhere in a nowhere, dark jungle as well. The feeling of the solid concrete against his back was the only negation to the thought.

Jimin did not think it was real. Often, he had felt like he was forgotten in some unmapped abyss when he was under the influence of substance. The argument because of which he neglected his duty in a confirmation. The previous times he had found himself there, he let it slide and went back to sleep, hoping to wake up to full-consciousness. He knew that much that his periods of sleep weren't too quick-intervaled. How his body was managing to fight back an urge for hunger was beyond him!

But now he knew he was really at an unrecognized, nightmarish and what had more prospects to be an uninhabitable abode.

Though it was dimly lit, in fact not lit at all( there had to be an external source of light), Jimin could capture the surroundings( with strained eyes, that was). He was in a small six-sided cuboidal enclosure with one closed, glass-paned window and an open door. Perhaps a bedroom, just without the belongings and essence of an inhabited one. The wall adjacent to his form was stained with both nucleated and scattered dusted-patterns, and distinctive spurts of some colour darker than that of the time-worn, painted wall. The obvious, displeasing odour was marring his smell-receptors.  

Jimin approached the window to have a look at the atmosphere beyond the facade. It was dark outside as well, there were no working street lights. Possibly a power cut, he ensured himself. There was no moon. Most unusually, the sky was stark black, dark as a raven, not Prussian, not purple, not grey, absolutely not glittered in stars. But he could still visualize everything, the surroundings weren't as dull as closed eyes.

Jimin found himself walking further into the house. When he crossed the room, he realized it wasn't just his room that was devoid of dust, darkness and companionship. It wasn't a single-storeyed house, he confirmed when he saw the staircase. He wondered which of his work-friends even lived in the house. Or was he kidnapped and held captive in the abandoned house? Again, who would kidnap a knocked out man they might've found on the streets, he did not know of. If he was right, the last time he injected himself was when he was in Sera's office.

"Is anyone here?" he shouted out. "Hello? Whose house is this? Why am I here? Anyone?"

There wasn't any movement at all. No sound. Not in the house he was in, not from the outside, no sound of even a vehicle. Jimin's voice didn't even reverberate in the fairly big and empty house of walls, floors and ceilings, but no furniture and movables. 

Jimin was a bit scared when he opened the main door of the house and exited. He looked around. The fencing on either side transitioned to other houses. He could see, as he walked away from the patio to the gate, that it was just a regular street in any of Seoul's residential areas. He had been scared but he was relaxing. It looked like the high profile residential locality, like the one where Sera lived. 

All the houses seemed unlit from the outside, and were tranquil. 

'Maybe everyone's sleeping. Must be way late than midnight now. And a no moon and a power cut night,' Jimin ensured himself in his head.

When he crossed the gate and caught a view of the extending street, his eyes widened at something. Paralysed on the ground, breath caught in his throat, skin turning pale, he looked at the silhouette of a blood-curdling, deformed, ghoul-like form that stood at as meagre as a few feet away from him. To his pure horror!

○