|III|Episode●018● The Plan

Hyejin didn't give a statement against Jimin, that much Sera was aware of. She had no idea what exactly Hyejin presented, however. She couldn't just be able to phone her and ask like a normal person would do, she couldn't even text her to know how she was doing. Sera was weak beneath all the disguise she guarded herself with, she knew very well. 

It had been precisely ten minutes since she was sat by the kitchen counter with her cup of barely lukewarm tea still in her hold.

"Unnie, I've been meaning to ask you." Sera's thoughts were cut short by Hongnan's voice. "Are you okay?"

"Why do you ask that?" Sera took a sip of her cold tea, an unpleasant feeling of rejection signalled by her brain taking no second to transfer it to her face. 

"Exactly! That tea has been cold for God knows how long. You weren't even aware. You were staring at the countertop all this while. You aren't responsive these days. Clearly something's bothering you."

"I'm late to work, and should probably be running now," Rowoon joined. "But she speaks the truth, what is up with you?"

"Actually, you really should run, unnie," Hongnan backed and Rowoon wasted no time in flashing through the front door. 

Sera was again met with an expected look. She sighed.

"It's business. It's weak. Let's just say this is not a lucky year for me. Nothing you should be worried about, Nannie."

"My instincts tell me that's just not it. Unnie, are you lying to me?"

"Yo, go do some homework or whatever, yeah? I don't have time for this, I'm going out." Sera rushed to get her car key.

"So I am right?"

○◆○

It wasn't why Sera took the pains to rush to the place; The pains of staking her life on the road with her rash and rushed driving and having to hear the obscenity that escaped the mouths of those on the roads. All she wished was to retrieve some hope back, to listen to a good, well, better, news. 

Oh, but how was she facing a tired, mad-looking and hopeless man now. Seokjin looked awful. Sera almost pitied him. Almost.

"What's wrong with him, now?" Sera asked to— well no one if a normal person non-acquitted to Seokjin's life was the viewer.

"Not sure." She got her answer. It was a subtle blow of air with faint words near her right ear.

"Don't steal her energy," Seokjin said almost energy-less.

"Your friends seemed to be very worried for you too, but I don't expect you to tell me what it is if you refrain from doing that with your friends," Sera said.

"Anyway, I'm here for a purpose, Seokjin-ssi. And I will have that talk. First off, are you this destroyed because of the task you'll be doing for me and Jimin?"

"Yes."

"So you still couldn't find a way to help us? Is that what's bothering you? Or are you scared?"

"I'm scared," he said lifelessly. "I know how to do it, all preparations are made, but I can't do it right now, I need time."

"Of course, you won't do it right now, you look like a ghost, you need sleep. Let's do it tonight."

"Tonight?"

"The more time you take, the more the chances that I'll never get my Jimin back. Do you understand? And why are you so scared? I'm not scared. It's not like you're going alone."

"Wait?" he snapped his head up in shock. "No, you're not going in there with me, and how do you even know that we're supposed to go somewhere?"

"You don't decide for me, I'm going in. If my Jimin can't come back here, I'll stay there."