|IV|Episode●024● The Solution

Seokjin patted Mirae's back in comfort as the girl hunched forth her upper body, face in her palms, sobbing into it. Sera sat impassive, assessing if and how Myunjoo's revelation would convenience her.

"All of those happened to him because of you," Mirae hollered at Myunjoo. "He'd have never gone to the juvenile prison, he'd have lived like a normal person."

"I'm sorry for everything, Mirae. It doesn't seem you'll forgive me, but I have to confess everything. I have more to say."

"Great!" Sera rolled her eyes.

"So that was the second last time when I saw him, when he went to the juvenile," Myunjoo continued. "When I learned about what business he had delved into after releasing, I thought he'd come for me. But strangely, he never did. Never visited the orphanage."

"He did!" Everybody turned their attention to Mirae. "He visited me and Father secretly sometimes. When his lifestyle turned darker, Father refused to be associated with him, but he still visited me outside of the orphanage."

"Well, then that must be how they found out."

"Who and what?" Mirae asked.

"The people from the gang Namjoon worked in. They must've figured out that he still had soft-corner for our orphanage. Hence, why they set it on fire."

"What!"

"It wasn't Namjoon. I misunderstood and told everyone that it was him, but this time, it was a genuine accident. On the day of the accident, I went to visit you guys, but it was too late. When I reached, I saw it on flames. I saw a sketchy outsider rushing out of the gate with a phone in his hand. He looked unbothered for a person who realized the plot around him was set in flames. I heard him mentioning Namjoon's name on the call as he ran. Without the full context, it felt like it was all Namjoon's work. And during those times, I genuinely thought he hated us and the orphanage."

"But then I saw him on you guys' funeral," Myunjoo continued. "That was the last time I saw him. He stood in the back of the crowd, dressed in a stupid disguise. What I saw that day shocked me, he was crying his eyes out. I started questioning my theory after that....After a while, Namjoon was found murdered. I put two and two together and figured out what actually happened. I went to Father immediately and confessed my mistake to him. But since it was a confession, the poor man couldn't say that aloud. That was why he fought for Namjoon's remaining body to be buried here."

"That is a lot of information," Mirae said wiping her tears. "But what's done is done."

"I'm so sorry."

Mirae nodded in consideration. "I forgive you. You're late but you repented and confessed," she said and Seokjin confirmed with a nod.

Unanticipatedly, a floating scroll appeared in front Myunjoo, inches away from his face. It was a narrow off-white sheet inked in an undecipherable script. "How? This looks like the scroll the reaper gave me," Myunjoo exclaimed.

"Your body is surrounded by green lights too," Mirae alerted him with wide eyes. "And you're slowly fading away too. What is happening!"

"He's being taken to the afterlife," Seokjin said calmly. "What was your last wish, ahjussi?"

"To confess this same thing to a living human being?" he answered in panic and confusion. "But how can that—" Before the man could complete his words, there was no trace of him left behind. He had vanished from sight and senses.

"Stupid him, he did not realize you two were humans," Mirae said with a smile and stared into the space where Myunjoo had been standing moments ago, reminiscing the visuals of the past seconds one last time. Seokjin did the same.