|IV|Episode●025● Intuition

"Sera, wait up!" Seokjin ran behind the woman who had already outsped him to cross the threshold of the church presenting herself to the local road, the possible harbour of possible heathens. Sera was incredibly well at aerobics and isometrics, unlike Seokjin who barely was able to even subtract the 6 feet distance between him and sprinting woman.

"Come on fast, Seokjin. It's just 7 kilometres from here," Sera yelled as she ran.

"Just 7! Are you crazy! Or stupid?" he retorted back, his words unclear and huffed. "Sera, wait!"

"What! I can't hear you!"

"For God's sake, please stop running, woman!" Seokjin wanted to say more, but he realized they started coming across spirits who were out on the road. Seokjin finally registered that they'd run at least 15 metres away from the church's gate. He decided to stay quiet and tail behind the woman who was sprinting away unbothered. The grave, determined and angry expression that sculpted her face and her unwavering velocity made her look heroic and powerful. Someone to be scared of; She resembled a vampire from a fiction. The spirits on the street, the unnerved neophytes among them, made sure to show their shock by making way for the wrathful-looking woman. Seokjin was relaxed Sera was taking the lead.

He went out of his way, out of his comfort, stressed on his legs more to catch up with her. He had words to exchange and it was not a good idea to announce it aloud for everyone to hear. 

"Se..Ra!" He huffed out in difficulty. "We can go back to our world and use the car, we'll reach in 10 minutes, why are you running all the way there. We don't have that energy, you were literally complaining about hunger earlier."

"Why didn't you say that earlier, you fool?"

"You didn't let me!" he shouted. "We can't open a portal here now, let's go back to the church."

A ghastly-figured spirit that was sitting on the sidewalk stood up as it saw the two questers running on the road. To Seokjin's misfortune, he had to make eye-contact with it. It's demenaour screamed evil, a true evil spirit, he confirmed, credit to his intuition. Seokjin's blood chilled and the spirit must have noticed, perhaps suspected them both. 

Contrary to Seokjin's assumption, the spirit only stood by the side way, watching them as they ran forth. It did not follow them. 

"So we go back to the church now?" Sera confirmed, about to turn back. She had failed to notice the spirit and the whole ordeal with it.

"No!" Seokjin exclaimed grabbing Sera's hand and running forward. "Never! We're not going back now, it's too late."

"Whatever," Sera said and increased her pace getting rid of his grip. "You better run fast and catch up with my speed, though."

Seokjin had made up his mind. He was aware. Aware of the consequences of it all, of the happenings that were to come their way, of his destined fate. It didn't need much brains to figure it out, a reliable confirmation and the charm of his intuitions were what it took for him to have concluded. Seokjin was to die his road to Sera's residence. He had been unnecessarily jittery as soon as he left the church's gate. Being experienced in his field of work, having had to deal with innumerable souls and reapers, sudden agitation around them would be unnatural; Such an imbalance to his soul's inner harmony. There were neurological explanation to Seokjin's reaction, feeling scared was never unbeknown to the humankind. But Seokjin had to blame his condition as a message from the operators from the Fate's office.

And because he made himself self-aware, he had decided to put a cease on his anxiousness. To not be afraid, but to accept. Dying happy was the best way to die. He had helped countless lost souls figure their way out throughout his life. Since the day he learned about his nearing death, he had been working hard and out of his way to make his posse's last wishes come true. And that would be the last wish he'd ask from his reaper, to attain the afterlife with his whole team together. And he was fortunate enough to have come as a help to Myunjoo and to be rescuing Jimin before he'd exhale his last breath on earth.