|IV|Episode●022● Orphans

Sera and Seokjin turned back to find themselves facing the figure of the anonymous voice. It was a young woman, no older than twenty. She had her uncombed hair let down, its full length reaching the curve of her breasts. She wore a full-sleeved buttoned blouse and a knee-length denim skirt, a clear dressing style from around two decades ago. A human-looking spirit if it weren't for the most striking feature Seokjin awed at; She had porcelain shimmering skin, literally. But the man knew he had to keep his distance, it was the land of the evil spirits, after all. He took a step back in the panic that followed after his moment of nerdy admiration.

"Seokjin, we've been wandering around their part of the graveyard when we were looking for Jimin," Sera reasoned. "Your job includes this, dude."

"Not me, I wasn't following you when you were wandering around them. I love my job only when I'm in the comfort of our place. And what is that? Human earth with humans!" he whispered back. "And you should stop speaking, she can hear you."

Sera rolled her eyes. "I think she can hear you too, genius."

"Well, well. And I was here suspecting if you guys were evil spirits, there were no sparkles around you when you popped up here. The way you talk to each other contradicts it, though," the spirit said. The girl folded her arms as she pushed forth her neck to inspect the living beings in front of her. "How come you both have plain skin?"

Seokjin panicked while Sera searched for a reply. But the woman was saved from having to come up with more lies for the while; The distraction that had to occur had been her saviour. Before anything could have been said, the spirit and the two party under question turned their heads to the white glittery light that suddenly bloomed only inches away from Sera's form. She stepped back in relfex. Seconds later, the white glitter accommodated in itself a man's figure, his skin and attire glowing to match up, it itself content in being the petty outlining halo of the man.

Seokjin squinted his eyes. It was too bright for the dark atmosphere of the land. In the next few seconds, it turned back to standard, the mysterious man, or rather, spirit, lost the glittery lights that had hugged him. The new spirit, a man of about forty, inspected his hands in confusion.

"Was I just surrounded by a halo of light? But my hands are still glowing, though. Where am I and who are you kids?" He looked at the three. "Jesus, what is this place? It was day a few seconds ago and now it's a moonless night."

"See, this is the reaction I expected from you two," the girl-spirit told Sera and Seokjin.

"It's because we anticipated how this world was gonna be. You see, my friend here is psychic and has a PhD in paranormal science and stuff," Sera replied patting Seokjin's shoulder.

"Yeah, what was I thinking? I'm obviously dead, they can't hear me," the new spirit mumbled gloomily.

"Oh, no, no, ahjussi. We can all see you, we're spirits too. And this is the land of the dead, and since you're so clueless, I'm guessing you're not a evil spirit," the girl said.

"There's a land of the dead? But how did I reach here, I was wandering off just fine on earth. I was at this graveyard, wait, this place looks like the graveyard, but a darker version. Not exactly, there is a building here. Oh my God, that's my orphanage. And church?"

"You were from the orphanage too? That's why! You look very familiar."

"Yeah, I went to the graveyard earlier in hopes I could get to reunite with my old friends. But I couldn't see any of their spirits there. I was just wishing if I could meet them, and then suddenly I reached here."

"Oh yeah, you wished for it and unknowingly used your energy. That's why you're here. What's your name?"

"Bae Myunjoo. Yours?"