|II|Episode●007● Neighbours

The Geums had always been the morning people. No matter how late they'd stay to finish off with their shady business, they'd always be up at the rooster's crow. Their body must have adjusted to the acquired trait, credits to having had woken up for combat or martial-arts practice every morning. Dosik had been a slacking kid growing up, while Sera had loved each of the traditions.

When she left Daegu, Sera had to remodel and limit it to just exercises. But that didn't turn her off, she'd exercise every morning on the terrace of her house.

This fine morning she had launched off with a simple one-leg standing yoga pose, hands raised up and folded, eyes closed. She could hear someone's footsteps approaching her faintly, from the opposite direction to that of the door to her terrace. Odd enough. When she heard the sound of pouring water, she couldn't help but snap her eyes open to look. Her anticipation was correct.

To her left, near the railing of the terrace of her neighbouring house, that was barely 8 feet apart from Sera's, stood a youth tilting his watering-can, nurturing his greens on the ground. Tall, handsome, heart-shaped face with a startle etched onto it, probably due to Sera's abrupt turn. Surveying the later with his winsome eyes— sharp-edged lids(one of them being dual) with pointy inner corners— through the somewhat hindering soot-black bangs. He was quick to flash a smile and bow a greeting.

Sera turned back her head to focus on the pose. He was a nice visual, but minding her own business was her priority. The guy looked young; couldn't be younger than her Jimin, she thought. Since he smiled, she decided to acknowledge him and feign a close-to-a-mannered lady.

Closing her eyes, she straightened her pose. "New neighbour, huh? How old are you?"

The man was slightly taken aback. There was no response for a good one second, forcing Sera to turn to him. "You cannot speak or you didn't hear?" She was mindful of her tone.

"Oh? Oh! I'm sorry. I was born in 1995. And you?" His voice sounded too deep for a 95-born.

Sera nodded. "Thought you were younger. Born in 91." She went back to not speaking anything at all.

"Mmm? You didn't ask my name," the guy pointed out.

"I know, kiddo."

"Oh. Right." The neighbour nodded awkwardly, but the smile was consistent as ever.

"So what is it? Your name." 

"I'm Kim Taehyung. And you?" He added a boxy grin to his words.

 And you?" He added a boxy grin to his words

"Geum Sera." After satisfactorily being done with the yoga pose, she switched to squatting.

"Ohh, okay. How long have you been living here, noona?"

Sera glared at him.

"Sorry, I mean Geum Sera-ssi."

"So you have a fetish for talking to strangers informally," Sera pretentiously mumbled, purposefully for Taehyung to hear.