|IV|Episode●020● New Barriers

Seokjin had been as calm as his limit in his opinion. He was ready to face his challenge, his biggest challenge. It was only when the clock struck the hour Sera promised to reach his place he had been a bit tensed. The last-minute jitters, common to the bravest of humans. He could regain himself, nonetheless; he waited. Soon it became a minute past their designated time, a minute and a few seconds, a few minutes, and then, hours. Seokjin was conflicted, whether he be disappointed or celebrating that he was being gifted more time. After he was done relishing the later, he tried calling Sera. After hours of rejected calls from the woman, when she did call, it had been a haste 'I'll call you later'.

He was forced to go back to his routine, or rather a special routine of diversion and relish before his heavy task would commence. The duration of the diversion lasted more than a day, for that was how long Sera had been late. 

Seokjin was in the kitchen mindlessly whisking a batch a batter for an early lunch. In his kitchen, to be exact, he hadn't been going to the restaurant for the past few days, after he abruptly had denounced his headship and passed it to his trusted manager. He was less stressed, he had completely dismissed the prospects of Sera showing up after the previous day's situation. That was when Sera walked into the kitchen.

"My friends are warming up to you, I see," Seokjin said as he whisked.

"I didn't even have to knock, thank you guys," Sera shrugged.

In Seokjin's opinion, Sera looked extremely odd. He hadn't ever seen her in a non-feminine attire, she was always well dressed for her rich club-owner image. Sera was wearing a tracksuit, and she looked like she ran to his house.

"You're sweaty," he stated.

"I'm aware, I ran up to here. Had been working out extra since morning. You know why."

"You look pathetic." She had deep dark circles, looked paler and dehydrated. Seemed older than her age; her condition was even more pathetic than himself, Seokjin deemed. "Why didn't you come yesterday?"

"Have you not been watching the news?"

The man shook his head. He was focused on himself and his posse all this while, and the formalities of handing over the restaurant and will-writing and what not.

"It was a crazy day for me," Sera began with a sad chuckle. "But then what day in the past weeks wasn't. Yesterday was too much though. I have seen many stressful events in my life, that gave me the thick skin that I have now. Those were way in the past though, thought I was immune to difficult times still."

Sera took a deep breath. Glancing at Seokjin made her realize he was waiting for her to fill him in about the actual matter. 

"So..." she began.

-

-

-

Sera panicked when she saw who the caller was. Taemin never called unless it was something serious regarding Jimin. She had been stressing over how to free Jimin, in fact, she was supposed to do it in a few hours. Mentally, she was as pessimistic as one could be, and Taemin's caller ID was making her imagine the worst of scenarios.

"Hello," she spoke into the phone nervously.

"S-Sera-ssi, I don't know what's happening? They barged in and arrested him just now. He- he?"

"What are you Who are you talking about? Don't tell me it's Jimin, please. And arrested, what do you mean arrested?" Sera held her head, waiting for a reply, anticipating the worst.

"The police....they said he was suspected of the murder of that Gitak man I saw on news. They took him. He couldn't have done that, right? He can't"