Chapter 7: Awake !

(Mature Language 18+)

"Sierra?" Jeremy called in a worried tone still standing at the door step. He finally saw what state Sierra was in and he could feel his heart break into million pieces. He ran across the room and reached her bed. Xander stayed at the door step and looked at the duo. He and Ian exchanged gazes for a moment with a small smile playing on their faces.

"Oh my baby! What's wrong? What is wrong with you honey?" asked Jeremy while holding Sierra at her arms and small droplets of tears started to form in his eyes. Xander could see the pain in Jeremy's tone.

"Wake up Sierra! What's wrong dear?" Jeremy asked while shaking Sierra lightly and small creases started to take room on Xander's forehead.

"Sierra, please wake up!" Jeremy's voice almost cracked and he could not stop his tears anymore. Xander made his way to the centre of the room in slow yet confident steps. His strong build giving him that manly look which could easily make any girl's heart melt and fall for him. His aura could drive any girl crazy.

"What's wrong with her? What happened to her?" asked Jeremy looking at Xander with tear filled eyes. Though Xander had anticipated Jeremy's reaction, he still could feel a pain in his heart. He felt bad for Jeremy but before he could answer him, Jeremy turned back to Sierra.

"Sierra, wake up!!" Jeremy did not even wait for Xander's answer, he simply kept shaking her. He was not able to digest the fact that his little girl was lying over there like a lifeless body. He did not know how his girl landed up in such a trouble.

"Her head was smashed hard against a wall; really hard!!" Xander said in soft and cautious tone thinking about Jeremy's reaction.

"Smashed against a wall?" asked Jeremy shrinking his eyes and kept looking at Xander directly in his eyes. He was not able to understand why Sierra would land in such a situation.

"And that is not all! She was heavily sedated" Xander added and Jeremy's eyes opened wide in shock.

"SEDATED?" asked Jeremy in a shocked tone.

"That's right!!" replied Xander looking at Sierra for a moment.

"But who would do it? Who would try to harm my little girl?" asked Jeremy turning towards Sierra and wrapped his arms across Sierra's head in a protective gesture. His small gesture made Xander's heart melt. Xander would always prioritize his family over anything. He always knew the importance of a family and the loved ones. Of course he was a family man and definitely as one calls; 'A One Woman Man'!

"And that's..." Xander tried to answer Jeremy but was interrupted. It is not that he did not anticipate this reaction from Jeremy but still somewhere it did hurt him because, he would never do anything that would harm Sierra.

"Were you the one who did it?" asked Jeremy almost yelling at Xander and kept looking at him with complaining yet angry eyes.

"CARTER!! Watch who you're speaking to!" Ian yelled looking at Jeremy. He had already pointed his gun at Jeremy. One hit and Jeremy's head would fly off. However, neither Ian's warning nor his gun scared Jeremy. According to him, he had every reason to blame Xander. Of course, Xander also knew that Jeremy was not wrong thinking in that way. He knew Jeremy had every right to behave like that. He simply chose to ignore Jeremy's question and looked at Ian with grim face.

"Ian! Put your gun down" Xander said in a warning tone looking at Ian with his eye brows raised. His grim expression was still intact on his handsome face but Ian was probably too angry at Jeremy that he neglected Xander's tone. Xander knew how much Ian cared and loved him. Xander was everything to Ian. Not only to Ian but who ever knew 'the real Xander', they always loved him and cared for him.