Chapter 28 [EDITED]

SEBASTIAN LEVI MADRIAGA

WEAK. That's what I am, and I am always trying to mask it with my careless decisions. Years ago, when I wasn't able to handle the rumors that spread about Nicole, I blamed my sister. I left. But the truth is that I was not that brave enough to defend the woman that I love. I blamed Liana, I blamed Nicole for doing things that might destroy us. I use to think that Love conquers all, that despite of the fact that Liana discovered that Nicole is doing escort services to be able to live and feed herself and her family, I would be able to fight for her.

But I was wrong, I was afraid of repercussions, of people's comment, of questions. So I left, not because I was angry but because I was afraid. When I was finding it hard to ask for Nicole's second chance, I blamed my sister instead. It was because of her loudness, the facts that she told me, and her carelessness but it was really because of me. It is me who is afraid to fully conquer the truth and just hug Nicole when our world found out the truth. Instead of being the support system that she needs, I stared, I gave her judgments, and I ran away from her. She was forced to forget the connections we made and hide in the shadows of her reality. She expected me to accept her, she told me back then that she is willing to wait for my acceptance but I rejected her. I called off our wedding, and pushed her away. And when I realized that I was wrong, I blamed my sister for ruining everything.

Now, I fell in love with the person my parents trusted me to protect. Silly and wrong as it may seem, Liana is my sister by law, not by blood, we grew up like one but I fell in love with her. She is brave, wonderful and beautiful. Despite of the darkness she went through, of the pain she was forced to forget, she decided to live on. She was hurt because of me, I placed her in danger and all I did is reject any news about her. I remember how Dad tried to tell me what Liana was going through but I would rather hang up because I can remember the pain of my own mistake. I lost Nicole because I was coward, not because my sister spread the truth about her.

I thought it was just her acting up but it's really me being a son of a bitch. Instead of blaming me because of what happened, she hoped that I will still come to protect her. Despite of the pain I caused her, she loved me as if I was a perfect person who will never hurt her. Where in fact, years ago, I was the reason why she was always in fear and pain.

She conquered the world for us, and I kept on running away from it. I thought it would be easy, I'll just ask my Mom and my step father on her side to adopt me. Simple. There, I would no longer be a Madriaga, I will be a Severino. I am no longer Liana's brother by law and we can be together. I have accepted that Dad and Mom might find it hard to accept but atleast it will be legally okay. I was confident that I am finally brave and confident about my decisions in love but when I found out that Nicole was pregnant. It all fell into ruin. I decided to run away again, I was so afraid that I didn't think well. I was so excited to have a life without any problems, and without any mark of our past. Everyday, I would pray that Liana would not wake up to blame me for what happened, and even praying that I will never witness the trauma it placed on her.

I just want a life full of roses with her. Rejecting the thorns and the nails that might come with it.

I was always praying that no one will find us, that the world will just forget about our existence so that I can live happily with her. I don't want to explain, fight or even beg, I just want the world to bow on us without any objections. But it's impossible, soon the truth would come out and we will be forced to face the repercussions. Liana is willing to defend her love for me, she is will to tell them that what we have is real and here I am, I can't even utter a word.

In less than an hour, I need to marry Nicole, start a life with her, a life where I won't be allowed to even look at the woman I really love. Naisip ko, kung saan naghintay at naging tapat ako. Kung sa simula pa lang ay sinabi ko kay Liana na nabuntis ko si Nicole at pinaintindi ko kay Nicole na 'di ko siya kayang mapakasalan pero kaya ko namang mapanindigan ang bata. Kung sana ay umamin ako kay Mom and Dad na mahal ko si Liana at magpapa-ampon na lamang ako sa aking tunay na ina upang payagan lang kami na magkasama.