7: The Memories

( Ok I'm like hella obsessed with her natural hair like😍... That shit makes me pregnant🤤😏)

Flashback

I can't stop looking at her.

Everything about her is incredibly ethereal.

From her straightened hair, to the way she slightly squints at the board, to how she nibbles on her bottom lip while she's writing; keeping up with our professor.

Her seat was a row in front and three seats to the right of me. That gives me a perfect view of her profile.

I find it a difficult task to look away; I'm in a trance. Like, I don't think, in all of my 23 years, that I've ever seen a woman so damn beautiful.

The way her golden skin was sunkissed from the window; the way her long eyelashes flutter as she fights off the lack of last night's sleep; the way she puts a piece of long hair behind her ear to keep it out of her face.

Fuck, I could stare at her all day.

Suddenly, she stands up and collects her things. That's when I snap from my daze, realizing I stared at her for most of the class. I hardly got any notes down.

Shit.

I start to get my things together, planning to ask my infatuation for some assistance. I hike my bag over my shoulder, having my eyes trained on her as she starts for the door.

Making my way through the sea of exhausted young adults, I catch up to her and tap her. She looks up from her phone, giving me a smile. God, I need to see that smile more. I swear it made her even more beautiful than I thought possible.

"Hey?" she says, well, more like asked. I smile at her, "Hey. I'm sorry for bothering you, but I was wondering if I could borrow your notes?" I ask, getting right to the point.

"Better yet, why don't we just study together?" She smiles toothlessly. I was a bit taken back by that response. My expression makes her giggle, and my, is it the sweetest sound.

"That's actually not a terrible idea," I nod at her. She playfully rolls her eyes, "Well, I just wanted to speed up your lame attempt to eventually ask me out." This shocks me further, but I hide it with a chuckle.

"Who said I was gonna ask you out?" She glances at me, a knowing look in her eyes. "I've noticed you and your shameless stares," she says as a matter-of-factly. I laugh, "You sure you didn't mistake the glare in my glasses or something?"

She giggles, nudging me a bit, "You aren't fooling anyone. Just admit it, you were staring."

"Cocky, aren't we?" She shrugs, "Maybe a little."

We make it outside into the courtyard, walking in a brief comfortable silence. "When do you want to do this?" I ask her. She looks over at me, "Depends. Do you have anymore classes today?"

I shake my head.

"Then now," she says. "Wait, can't help but notice that I don't know your name?" I say, raising a brow. We stop beside an on-campus cafe, and she stops walking to turn to me.

I lean against the brick wall, putting my foot on it and resting my books on my leg in a relaxed way. She extends her hand to me, "Leigh-Anne. Leigh-Anne Pinnock."

I take her hand in mine, her skin is so soft. "Jade. Jade Thirlwall-Chamberlain," I then boldly bring her hand to my lips and give it a light kiss. "Pleasure," she smiles.