11: Bringing It To Light

Leigh-Anne

"Jade, again... at this point, I don't give a fuck if you call back or not... but I made love to you through her... I know I told you that on Day 42, 67, 72, 78, and 84... yeah, I've been counting the days... pathetic, I know... I sometimes wonder what you saw in me? Like really?... Anyways, this time, she didn't remind me of you in any way. Not even a little bit... I, heh, actually closed my eyes and thought about you and how you feel... I imagined it was your lip I was biting... your taste on my mouth... your hair with my fingers in it. Like, dammit, Leigh... (sigh) I miss you so fucking much that it isn't even funny... I know, I'm redundant as all hell, but I need you more than words... I want you here with me... in my arms... in my life... (sigh) nowadays, I sometimes just call to hear your voice... last time I heard it in person, you told me that you weren't happy and... and I let you leave me instead of fighting to understand what I did wrong because I'm a dumb fuck that doesn't realize what she has until it's gone... Also, I kept the picture of us as my lock screen... y'know the one when you had your yellow sunglasses on and you had your arms around me? Yeah, that one... Leigh, I really want you to know that... that I... that I love you and... I really wish that one day, you'd come back into my life... if not as a lover then as a friend... I... I love you, Leigh-Anne... bye."

"There are no more new messages."

I let out a deep breath as I finish listening to her voicemails. Hearing her progressively destroying herself was actually destroying me as well. I want her back, I do, but we had so much shit going on. With her not-so-discreet cheating to my harsh words when I'm angry.

Well, we both get proper reckless during our verbal alterations. Expressing hatred, calling either out their names, the threats, only for us to make up sweetly by the end of the night.

Despite all of that, she was a sweet lover. I'd scream that I wish she was dead only to later scream while gripping her hair in a tight fist.

Towards the end, I grew unhappy with the fact we were so nasty to each other. With the many times we've said it, I started to believe it, but I knew that we didn't.

I loved Jade, and Jade loved me.

What about now?

She obviously still loves me and I have love for her, as well, but I have Andre. He's been so sweet to me. He told me when we started dating that he wouldn't treat me like she did. He'd never curse my name, scream at me, or remind me of Jade in anyway.

Three months in, and he's practically the male version of her... but seemingly angrier and much more possessive.

"Leigh-Anne?" He voice carries throughout my home. He was approaching my room. I hang up my phone and put it down on the charger. He comes in, thick eyebrows furrowed in suspicion.

"Did she call you again?" His voice laced with irritation and contained a hint of anger. Well, more than a hint; it was pretty transparent, to me anyway.

Andre has a strong distaste for Jade.

Ever since the voicemails started, he'd tell me to silence my phone or let it ring, his tone mostly sharp. He'd say that she needs to get the hint to leave me alone. Though, I've been listening to her messages in secret.

"No, that was just my mum," I lie easily. It was something I always tell him to avoid him possibly lashing out.

He raises an eyebrow, removing his flannel button up, revealing a plain gray shirt underneath. "Yeah? What did she want?" His tone already pissing me off. "Does it really matter?" I say, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Yeah, it seems she calls you pretty much everyday now. She usually calls every week. I'm just curious on what she calls for," I roll my eyes. "She can call me as often as she wants, Andre. I am her daughter, after all."