22: Toxicity To Intimacy

Later on that day, I called Amandla for a little meet up at the same cafe we met in. When the time to meet up, I was actually pretty nervous.

She's genuinely a nice girl and I feel like a bucket of shit for what I'm about to do.

I get ready; putting on my all white TRASH hoodie and my ripped jeans before heading out. "Good luck," Alex called from his room as I passed it. I give him a little salute as a thanks and continued out the door.

———
To say I'm currently tearing apart is an understatement.

When I told Amandla the truth, her nose flared a little as her eyes watered. Though, she was trying her damndest to hold the tears back.

"I'm so sorry, Amandla," I apologize for the fiftieth time. She sniffs, shaking her head with a forced smile. "It's fine," she says, but her reddening eyes say different.

I frown, "No it's not. I lead you on and went back to my ex." She stays silent, looking into her cuppa.

"I really did wanna try things with you. I did. I just... couldn't lie to myself. I hope we could still be mates since, like I said, you're a great person. I'm glad Mikaela introduced us," I say with a smile. She sniffs again, wiping under her eye that had a tear leak out.

"Really?" She asked hopefully and I nod. "Yes, really." She smiles, this one not forced like before. A genuine smile. "I hate that I made you cry just now," I say sadly.

"I understand where you're coming from. I was that way with Kaela at the beginning of our break up. If I'm honest, I'm still a little bit in love with her."

I chuckle fondly, "You're either in love or not. There isn't a little bit." She shrugs, "Guess you're right, but I really like you. If not as a potential lover then I can handle being friends."

I stand up and made my way to her side. She bunches her brows in confusion before I wrap my arms around her in a hug. She hesitantly hugs back, already getting comfortable from the contact.

We break apart, both deciding that the hug was appropriately long enough.

"What was that for?" She says with a little giggle. "Friends can't hug?" I humor and she rolls her eyes playfully. "I guess it's okay," she says with a faux attitude.

I go back to my seat and fold my hands on the table.

"We can still continue our outing. No point in meeting here just for that." She nods in agreement, "Start this new friendship off fresh. Hi, I'm Amandla," she sticks her hand out.

I shake it, "I'm Jade."

"Did you say Jeed?" I make a face, causing her to laugh. "Every bloody time," I shake my head. "Aw, it's okay, Jeed." I squint at her, "Eat shit, Amandla. Eat. Shit."

"Oh, kiss my ass."

"Eh, nar."

———
After a rather fun day with Amandla, it was nearing five. I decided to drive to my love's house unexpectedly. I was glad her car was still in her driveway, meaning she's home.

I park my car in front, looking up at her massive house. I'm actually surprised her neighbors heard the commotion from the other night.

Damn.

I kill the engine, undo my seatbelt, and step out of my car. I grab the shopping bag from my passenger seat then made my way towards the house. Before I could even get halfway to her front door, it swings open, showing my girl looking beautiful as always.

She was wearing a yellow sweater with black skinny jeans and her hair up in two buns.

Goddamn.

She doesn't notice me immediately since she closing the door behind her. When she looks up, I smile big. "Hello, beautiful," I say. Her eyes light up when she sees me and she runs over to me.