Chapter 9 : Who is she?

"Ow, my head," Nathanael said. "You alright?" I asked, offering him my hand. He took my hand, got up, looked at me and asked, " Who...who are you?". I answered,

"Well, the name's Blaze."

And that was my first day on the job.

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:••:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•
I detransformed back when I reached my house after the fifth beep from my miraculous. Phixx appeared, and she looked tired but happy. "Cherice! You did it! You have to keep this up! You just have to practice more!" she exclaimed. I beamed at her while saying, "Well, I have to admit. That was kinda fun and scary,". "But you did it!" she exclaimed. But then her face was full of worry. She asked, "But,, you won't stop being Blaze...right?". "Of course I won't. For you and my friends," I said. Her smile went wider and she started flying around happily around me.

"But, I do need more practice on parkour and self defense.." I said. "Well, you're right," she said. " Maybe I could afford some equipments that can help me with self defense, and maybe practice parkour while being Blaze..?" I said. "Yeah!" she exclaimed. "Good then," I said and gave her a smile. Without wasting any time, I searched online for the equipments I needed. It seems like I can afford them because my mother gives me way too much money that would last more than two months. After an hour of searching, I found all of them. . I closed my laptop and went to the pantry. I took some chips and cookies to eat them while watching a movie.

And I spent the rest of the night chilling out with Phixx.

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:••:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•

I woke up the next day, feeling a bit lighter. I had this strange feeling of getting enough sleep, but I decided to just ignore it. I looked out at the window and...

saw the sun.

I went to total shock and immediately searched for my clock. In only a few seconds later, my apartment was filled with a terrifying shriek of frustration from well..me.

It was 8.30 A.M.
It was 8.30 A.M.
IT WAS GOD FREAKING 8.30 A.M.

I rushed to do my daily routine, but I skipped breakfast and even forgot to bring anything for lunch! I grabbed my backpack. Itucked Phixx inside of my satchel and ran out of the house after locking the door. I ran and ran as if it was the end of the world, not even bothering to think of how ridiculous I look. I started to cross the road but I accidentally stubbed my toe on the road. And then I fell , but I quickly got up and continued crossing, ignoring the stinging pain on my knees. I almost fell again at the stairs in front of my school but I quickly balanced myself. By the time I reached my class, Ms. Bustier was taking attendances.

"Jason Stone?"
"Present"
"Nathanael Kurtzberg?"
"Present"
"Cherice Revere?"
.....
"Cherice Revere?"

I burst open the door and was like, " Here,miss!" . That made Ms. Bustier jumped. All eyes was on me, and they were shocked. Ms. Bustier's eyes drifted off to my knees and was like, "Goodness me, what happened?". I looked at my knees and saw that my leggings were torned a little, making it obvious that my knees was injured. "Oh uh..it's nothing miss! I just fell..while trying to get here on time," I said while grinning. "Oh my, you shouldn't! Safety is always first no matter how late you are for god's sake! Now follow me to the nurse's office to clean it up. Alya, watch the class and make sure everything is in control," Ms. Bustier said.

"But-," I was about to decline and say that it was totally fine but then she cut me by saying, "No buts. Follow me, now,". I sighed. I looked up and saw Nath looking at me, well, I could say in concern. I smiled at him and gave him a little wave and left the class.

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:••:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•

"Here you go, all done!" Ms. Bustier said cheerfully. "Thank you, miss," I said. She smiled at me and told me to stand up slowly. I did as I was told and then I followed her back to class. All eyes were on me again when I arrived, and I just smiled awkwardly as a response. I went to my seat and found a note. It says...

"During lunch, I gotta tell you something. It's important"
                                                              - Nath

I figured he definitely wants to talk about what happened. I carefully tucked the note into my pencil box and started to focus on my class again.

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:••:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•

"Have you heard happened?" Nath asked as soon as lunch started. "Heard what?" I answered. "Well, what happened yesterday," he said. "Ohhhh, so what happened?" I asked him. He told me every single detail that he remembered but he couldn't remember much about the moments when he was akumatized. "She was so..I don't know, different than our other superheroes. I could have sworn her outfit is more detailed than Ladybug and Chat Noir. I wonder who could she be," he finished. "Wow, that must be a very unique experience indeed. I wonder who she is too," I said. I was trying so hard to not to make an expression that would let the cat out of the bag.

"Why do you act so weird today?" he asked while raising his right eyebrow. "Oh, me? Act weird? Of course I'm not...um..acting weird. I just...well.. I'm probably just like this when I skip breakfast!Haha," I said. I tried not to sound nervous but I couldn't help it. I kept laughing nervously, act jumpy and all that weird stuff. 'Girl, you gotta keep your cool!' I thought to myself. "Okay, then...um," he said, making me feel even more guilty for lying to him. I zoned out for a bit and then he snapped me out of it by saying, "You hungry?" and handed me a croissant. "I noticed that you didn't bring your lunch." he said again.

"Oh no, thank you. I'm not really that hungry," I said. " No, you eat it. I'm full," he said. "No you eat it!" I shot back. And then we spent the last minutes of lunch fighting over on who to eat the croissant. But in the end, I broke the croissant in half and gave the other half to him. "There, we're equal," I said. A few moments of silence and then.....

we bursted out laughing.

END OF CHAPTER 9

btw, my friend TiNa18_Meee just published her prologue for her first book! The book is called : Mentality : Psycopath..?
Hope you can give her support by reading it! Thanks!